Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a 2018 delivered, need a second set of rims for snow tires. Anyone know if the tpms sensors from the 2010-2013 MDX work with the 2018 system? Any easy way to find out, or where to look? The batteries will be old, so might not be worth the effort.

Alternatively, do the sensors from the 2014-2016 work with the 2018? I have a set of snow rims/tires/sensors for my 2015 lease, so I can just pull the tires and sensors off and swap them into the new snow wheels if so. Thank you Acura for changing the bolt pattern!

·
Registered
495 Posts
I know for sure that the 2nd Gen MDX (thru '13) is a different TPMS sensor than the current gen - so that's out. The '14-'16 is something that I'm not sure about. I had a '15 RDX w/winter wheels/tires, and at the time the 2nd gen RDX had the same sensors as the '14-16 MDX. When I got my '17 MDX I was going to use the ones off my RDX, but the online parts lookups showed yet a different sensor for the '17+ MDX. I thought about giving the old ones a shot, but wasn't keen about having to then dismount the wheels to replace the sensors if they didn't work - so I just went online and bought new '17 MDX TPMS sensors for $25 each w/washer/nut pieces. Bottom line - the '14-16 ones MAY work, but I'd just sell the old ones and buy new ones...

Also - fyi - the '17-18 MDX has a different lug pattern than the '14-16 MDX (went back to the 5x120mm bolt pattern from the 2nd Gen MDX) - so make sure the wheels you get match up.....

andy

Reactions: victorber

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tpms

stellar, thanks all. I just may do the new sensors, avoiding extra mounting and balancing is the reason for the winter set in the first place.
Yeah, I'm aware of the bolt pattern issue, looking at a set of TL wheels that are 18", 5x120, 55 offset, since I already have 18" snow tires.
Looking at these, might paint them gray:
aluminum-18x8-wheel-rim-71786

Attachments

·
Registered
869 Posts
If the sensors are compatible OEM sensors, the vehicle will pair them automatically after a few miles of driving. No programming required.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts