Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m switching out the wheels on my mdx and will be using new tires pressure monitoring sensors. Do the oem sensors have to be programmed or do they calibrate automatically?

·
Registered
11 Posts
As far as I've read, they need to be programmed as the system will only recognize the 4 that you are currently using. You need to programme them using a tool that copies the data from the old TPMS sensor to the new one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
On my 2017 I have a second set of winter tires and rims with OEM TPMS and only have to swap tires and then drive for a minute or two for the car to recognize the alternative set. There is no reprogramming needed, no switch or setting to toggle. Happens seamlessly. If you have an aftermarket TPMS setup YMMV.
As far as I've read, they need to be programmed as the system will only recognize the 4 that you are currently using. You need to programme them using a tool that copies the data from the old TPMS sensor to the new one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
On my 19 I used the MAX aftermarket TPMS and I copied the info on my old sensor onto the new MAX sensor and no need to program them when installed on the vehicle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
On my 19 I used the MAX aftermarket TPMS and I copied the info on my old sensor onto the new MAX sensor and no need to program them when installed on the vehicle.
Yes, that's exactly what I was saying as well, you have to copy the data from your current TPMS Sensor to the new TPMS Sensor..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, that's exactly what I was saying as well, you have to copy the data from your current TPMS Sensor to the new TPMS Sensor..
The OP was asking about oem sensors, not aftermarket. The vehicle recognizes the 2nd set of oem sensors with no reprogramming or scan tool needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts