Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tire tread was running low and instead of buying new tires, I bought some MDX tires/wheels off craigslist and put them on. The TPMS light has been on ever since. I've been to Discount Tire and they say the individual TPMS sensors are reading fine. I thought the computer was supposed to learn new TPMS sensors automatically.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
According to the manual, the car should learn the new sensors automatically. The manual also says that the diagnostic computer can be used to "learn" the sensors. It might be interesting to see if you can get an "OK reading" by putting your original wheels near the car to see if it's still reading them OK or not.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Chuck, if I recall the TPMS sensors for 01-03 are different than 04-06 (a quick Google just verified this), did you mix model/year wheels? (This is obviously for a 1G).

If you have a 2G, it shows 07-13 are the same across the years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have similar situation with my '06 MDX. In my case, the TPMS keeps coming up even when I did not work-on or changed tires. Tire pressure information show's error each time I tried checking the air pressure. keep the feedback coming. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts