Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi MDXers,

I am getting the TPMS system error on the MID on my 2011 MDX. I wonder if its because one of the sensors has a battery life or if it is due to other components. It currently has 135k KM (84k miles).

Did anyone else get any problems around this time? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I had to replace one of my TPMS units on my 10 Acura TSX in 2016, so not unusual. Life is 7-10 yrs I've read. I'm still on 3 originals this year. Found a good deal at Discount Tire; $42 installed and rebalanced.

good luck

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey texashonda! thanks for the reply. For your TSX, did the MID tell you which tire needed the new sensor?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update

I went to the dealer, they found the pressure sensor on the inside had broken and was rolling around in the tire. I also noticed that there would be clunking noises at low speeds because of this. $130CDN later the problem is fixed.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I wonder about this too.. I do not know how old are my TPMS Sensors (Since there isn't any records I suppose they are the 10yrd old OEM ones) so perhaps they are going to go bad in the incoming years...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Funny you ask, I'm also at 135k km and my front right and rear left TPMS went faulty. 2010 Acura MDX

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts