Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there tow their MDX ie: behind a motor home on all four wheels. The owners manual says it's OK. Just wondering if any of you had actually done this.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I vaguely recall reading that someone had destroyed the transmission after 4000 miles from towing their car. But, I also recall that this happened with a Highlander, not an MDX. So, this merits caution.

Try a search and see what comes up.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I read in Motor Home magazine a few months ago about someone having a problem with excessive battery drain while towing a MDX with navigation.. Can not find the article now, must have thrown it out, but it seems like the solution to this problem was to remove a fuse (maybe #25, not sure) when towing to disable the navigation system.

Long time since you posted this. Have you been towing your X yet?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm new to this board but just wanted to comment on towing the MDX. We have a motorhome and towed from FL to CO by way of VA, to Santa Fe back to VA and back to FL by way of TN last summer. Absolutely no problem. Just follow the procedures in the manual. It's the same as any Honda.

The only problem was with Acura and installing towing brakes. Voided the warranty if you cut into the brake line and of course that's the one we wanted...

With installation of the tow bar an extra set of rear brake lights were installed. Their power comes directly from the motorhome and no way compromises the wiring of the MDX.

Hoped this helped a bit..

01MDX

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
jriester said:
Does anyone out there tow their MDX ie: behind a motor home on all four wheels. The owners manual says it's OK. Just wondering if any of you had actually done this.
I would read the manual it has some very specific details on towing as to not damage the sofiscated transmission. If I recall it said it was better to flatbed if have to tow. There were again some very specific and limited ways of towing behind a motor home. Read carefully and check with the service manager of your dealer before you make an attempt!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts