Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some investigative work. In regard to transmission and torque convertor problems. Acura Service Bulletin #05-024 states shudder or viberates while driving. Probable cause faulty torque converter. Corective action replace torque converter P/N 26000 PGK 325 and Power Control Module P/N 37820-PGK-305
Out of warranty: Any repair performed after warranty expiration may be eligible for goodwill consideration by the Parts and Service Manager of your Zone Office. You must request consideration and get a decision, before starting work.
I would assume with the new PCM repacement it would program the transmission to shift at different intervals than the previous original PCM
New torque converter $611.20. Labor to replace 12 hours. Most shops charge $70.00 per hour @ 12 hours=$840.00. Plus about $700.00 for the PCM.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
In your other post, you stated that it was the torque converter clutch and not the converter itself.

And since you seem to have that bulletin in front of you...I wouldn't let them charge you 12 hours since you can see that the factory only gives less than 7 to do it.

Replacing the PCM is a precautionary measure just to ensure that there wasn't a glitch in the original PCM that caused the problem. 9 out of 10 times, I'd say this isn't a necessary step.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2003 MDX transmission

In your other post, you stated that it was the torque converter clutch and not the converter itself.

And since you seem to have that bulletin in front of you...I wouldn't let them charge you 12 hours since you can see that the factory only gives less than 7 to do it.

Replacing the PCM is a precautionary measure just to ensure that there wasn't a glitch in the original PCM that caused the problem. 9 out of 10 times, I'd say this isn't a necessary step.
I have a 2003 MDX that I recently repaired the transmission. However, when driving under 7 miles per our and/or making a turn at that speed, transmission disengage/slip. Is this cause by either the PCM and/or Torquer converter? Do ?I need to change these parts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2003 MDX that I recently repair the transmission; however, trasnmission is slipping at a low speed (5-7mph). Do I need to replace the PCM and/or Torque converter?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts