Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The MDX with Touring package comes with MIchelin Cross Terrains (I believe), while the base comes with Goodyear.

If this is universally true, then why doesn't Honda say it in their brochures, or anywhere else? NOWHERE is it officially mentioned (can anyone show it to me in any official HOnda/Acura bulletin/release/brochure??) that touring gives you better tires.

Are they (Honda/Acura) so ashamed of providing cheap tires on the base????

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I suspect that they DO NOT want to "lock in" any supplier, especially on something that could blow-up (Explode?) on them.

Most companies that DO explicitly state who is supplying what to them either a) have some sort of joint ownership in the company or b) get a hefty advertising fee for doing so. I would guess that MDX volume is too low for Goodyear of Michelin to give them a hefty fee, so they just keep theor 'options' open...

MDX350 said:
The MDX with Touring package comes with MIchelin Cross Terrains (I believe), while the base comes with Goodyear.

If this is universally true, then why doesn't Honda say it in their brochures, or anywhere else? NOWHERE is it officially mentioned (can anyone show it to me in any official HOnda/Acura bulletin/release/brochure??) that touring gives you better tires.

Are they (Honda/Acura) so ashamed of providing cheap tires on the base????

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That makes sense.

However, if they do intend to provide better tires in touring (which they SHOULD, given that the base tires are not that good and the touring package is overpriced anyway), they should at least mention something like "highway all-season" tires in touring, and some other such broad category in base. At least give some information that the tires in touring are "better".

OR

Not be so cheap and give everyone the best tires available - after all, its a 40 grand vehicle.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
THis makes MORE sense!

:)
MDX350 said:
Not be so cheap and give everyone the best tires available - after all, its a 40 grand vehicle.
Let's hope...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts