Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manual says that when the X is unlocked with the remote, the MDX will do 1 of the following when the door is opened:

(1) If seat needs to move, will beep once, seat will move to proper position, will been beep twice to indicate that the seat is properly postioned.

(2) If seat is already at proper position, will beep three times to confirm seat is properly positioned.

We have a 2002 which does (1) above but does NOT do (2) above. Dealer claims that this is a "2002 change" [e.g. no longer beeps if seat movement not needed].

Would appreciate feedback from 2001/2002 Touring owners regarding operation of Memory Seat feature.

... Thanks in advance ... Steven

·
Registered
925 Posts
srpbep,

I went and did a quick test on my '01. Basically it always beeps 3 times.

If the seat is not in the programmed position for that remote, it beeps once, moves the seat to the programmed position and then beeps twice (for a total of 3).

If the seat is in the programmed position for that remote, it beeps 3 times (once, a small pause and then 2 more beeps, for a total of 3).

Hope that helps,

AtlantaMDX

·
Registered
107 Posts
Opening Beeps

BEEPS ?

Have driven the X for 15 months and have never heard a single beep upon opening the door, let alone 2 or 3. Seat position has been programed but never gets changed.

Is there something wrong with my system or am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
same here

I have never heard any beeps - and seat is programmed for 2 diff settings for me & my wife.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
texrb -- no beeps

Your MDX should be beeping!! Each remote is keyed to a seat position, when the MDX is unlocked using the remote AND the door is opened, if the seat "needs to move", it should (a) Beep once, (b) the seat should move, (c) it should beep twice to indicate that the movement is complete.

If you look at the posts above, you'll note that my 2002 Touring does this and AtlantaMDX's 2001 Touring does this [as indicated in the owner's manual].

What appears to be different is that AtlantaMDX's 2001 will beep three times if the seat is already properly positioned as indicated in the owner's manual. My 2002 does not do this, but the owner's manual says that it should .

Dealer is telling me that "it is a new design feature not to beep" even though manual says that it should . I'm trying to figure out whether dealer is right or manual is correct !!

I have a hunch, but I'll wait on judgement until the reports come in ... Steven

·
Registered
429 Posts
BTW - on my '01 when you have the remote programmed - when the door is opened after being unlocked with the remote it beeps once -- when the seat has been adjusted to it's preset, then it beeps twice more. So if the seat doesn't need to be moved it still does the 1 beep and extra 2 beeps as it checks the seat position.

Rail

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Need Help From 2002 Owners

Thanks to AtlantaMDX and Rail who have confirmed that the 2001 MDX Touring models do, in fact, perform as documented in the Owner's Manual.

Now we need some help from 2002 Touring Owners!! Does the 2002 "ding" like the 2001s or is it only "half dingy"?

HELP!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Seat Memory/Remote Question

I have a 2002 Touring Model, I know how to program the seats
for the memory location. How do you program the remote
to each Memory Location?

I hold both buttons lock/unlock to link it, it blinks, I let go,
Is that all there is to it? If so, how come it doesn't work?

Does the car need to be on? If someone could please
provide some insight on the exact way to program the
remotes it would be helpful. I called the dealer, and
they said to bring the car in, well I don't feel like driving
100 miles for someone to perform this option. Thus, I thought
I would ask someone who already has done this.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
50 Posts
beeps

Just checked mine. After I unlocked with the remote - then opened drivers door the seat moved and after it was in the correct position it beeped 2 times. If I unlock with remote and the seat is in that position it doesn't beep. Hope that helps. I never really paid attention to the beeps before.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2001 vs 2002

I appreciate the help from those that have answered. It would appear that:

Seat Not In Proper Position: 2001/2002 both operate the same. MDX beeps once, moves the seat, then beeps twice.

Seat in Proper Position:n 2001/2002 ARE DIFFERENT. 2001 beeps three times. 2002 does nothing.

For all 2002 owners, the owner's manual IS NOT CORRECT. I don't know why this is:

(1) Intentional change that wasn't documented properly.

--or--

(2) Acura has a "bug in the 2002 programming".

Anyone want to bet? But it is NOT a major issue.

·
Registered
107 Posts
2001 Beepless

I guess the reason I never heard a beep was that the remote was never programed to move the seat.

It seems unnecessary to bother with a reminder when the exit and entry position are always the same.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Programming Remotes to Match Seat

Mflowers had asked "How do you program the remote to each Memory Location?"

I don't think that you can! The MDX came with 2 remotes, 1 was labeled "1" and the other "2". Using the "1" remote links to the 1st memory setting and the "2" links to the 2nd memory location.

Maybe the dealer can "change some stuff", would have to ask someone who knows. Tim, are you out there????

·
Registered
206 Posts
I was just checking the 2001/2002 MDX service manual. It specifically says that 2001 will beep three times in '01 and no sound in '02 if driver position is already in place.

It states that there are two types of transmitters, one for driving postion memory switch one, and one for two. I could have sworn I read somewhere that this could be reprogrammed to a different position.

It does say that pushing the lock and unlock buttons at the same time will turn on and off the recall capability with the remote.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well just to add to the confusion. I just got my 2002 last night. Reading the manual and of course going in and out of the house to the car every 5 minutes to play with something new. I had already programed my seat for memory postion then found from the manual I had to turn the memory function on on the remote so I did that. Open the door with the remote with the seat already in the correct position and voila! 3 Beeps! Try it again, and again, and again ... no more 3 beeps when locking and unlocking with remote and seat in correct position! Go figure. I do get the 2 beeps when the seat is out of position. When I first read about the 3 beep option I thought it would be annoying. When I did it I thought it was very cool so now that it doesn't I'm disappointed! I think it's actually better without the 3 beeps but couldn't help but post that it actually did it the first time per the manual, lol. What doesn't make sense is that it would do it the first time and never again. I am absolutely positive it did do it the first time.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Mine beeped 3X the very first time. Now, never beeps unless something has been changed, then it beeps twice and corrects it. Works for me!
The 3 beeps the first time might confirm the information has been successfully stored. After that, it is not necessary.
It shoud beep 3 times again, if you manually change something, and hit the MEM again. But only the first time.

·
Registered
392 Posts
jonnygoodboy said:
The 3 beeps first time, then never again (unless it has to actually move, in which case 2 beeps) is the behavior I get, too. '02 model year.
My '02 only beeps if the seat is going to move to the other position, for instance to mine after the wife had the car and the seat in her position. It then beeps once as it starts to move and twice when in final position. If the seat is in the right position to begin with, I don't recall any beeps at all. :cool:

·
Registered
10,540 Posts
edepa said:
My '02 only beeps if the seat is going to move to the other position, for instance to mine after the wife had the car and the seat in her position. It then beeps once as it starts to move and twice when in final position. If the seat is in the right position to begin with, I don't recall any beeps at all. :cool:
Ditto. Although this only happens if I press the door button.

I use an aftermarket alarm remote which doesn't talk to the seat computer, therefore, eliminating the benefit of the seat repositioning itself upon receiving the remote signal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Programming Your Seats.

1.) Set your seats and mirror positions while the car is in park.

2.) Once outside the car, press the lock and unlock icons on the remote at the same time until the light on the remote blinks.

3.) That will do it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts