Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the premium Alpine is the base system right?
And the upgrade is the Bose?

Other than the indash 6 disk, my wife really wants that, is the bose any better?

What is the best and or easiest way to integrate mp3 playback or other aux input into either system? My assumption is a 6 disk changer under the seat for the alpine unit. What about the bose? I am looking for something seemless, not a on the seat jukebox with FM modulator...

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Whynotmdx:

___The best and least inexpensive method that I know of to play MP3’s via your stock Bose or Premium Alpine is to use an HP iPAQ or Dell Axim PDA’s (just two examples) with a 1 GB CF or 512 MB SD card thorough a Blitz-safe adapter. The FM modulators many speak of here are not as clean sounding as the direct connection from the PDA’s audio output port to the head unit according to many that use this method in the PocketPC forums on various other vehicles. 1 GB CF cards can be found for < $160 now which can hold quite a few MP3’s in there own right.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
IMO, the Premium Alpine sounds better (more realistic on well-recorded acoustic music) than the Bose; that helped me to decide on the Premium rather than the Touring. Other than doing a lot of advertising, I'm not sure what else Bose brings to the party.

·
Registered
671 Posts
frostyra said:
IMO, the Premium Alpine sounds better (more realistic on well-recorded acoustic music) than the Bose; that helped me to decide on the Premium rather than the Touring. Other than doing a lot of advertising, I'm not sure what else Bose brings to the party.
I agree. The stereo in my MDX Premium is far better than the system in my TL Type S which is supposed to have all the best of everything!! I added an old Alpine 6 disc changer and plan to get the Blitzsafe adapter for my mp3 player (right now I use a cassette adapter with pretty good results).

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
No complaints here regarding the premium either. . . plus you can always get an aftermarket system for less than the Bose

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just wish the alpine had a indash 6 disk changer instead of under the seat.

·
Registered
213 Posts
why not look into a changer that supports mp3s? I thought alpine makes one, but if the changer is supported by the deck, then u have an all in one solution...of course you'd still need to burn the cd's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts