Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody experienced this? I was parked in a mall in Florida around afternoon when the temperature was like 89 deg. I parked for about an hour. When i came back, the navigation won't respond when i press the OK during the initial start up screen. I turned off the engine 4 times, even removed the disc but it did not help. So i decided to just drive and try to find our way out of the mall then the shutdown screen appeared. My wife touched the screen to shut it down, then turned it back on, then fortunately it started working again. That's the first time it happend, but that's a little scary coz i'm still not familiar with my new neighborhood in st Petersburg, FL. Plus i like to go to places i've never been before, this problem is giving me a second thought now.

Anybody had this problem before?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Is your MDX 2001 or 2002? Did you use sun shield? The LCD screen itself is an electronics device that can detect the touch and respond with location where is was touched. So, it should have some operating temperature.
The temperature above the dashboad can go very high in a car without ventalation.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tjwid

thanks for the reply.
mine is 2001. I did not crack the window open a little bit, plus I was not using a sunshade. You're probably right about the operating temp of the screen. I guess the touchscreen started responding when the car was a little cooler when the AC was on for a few minutes.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Probably sunlight

I had this same problem when I was parked at my Acura dealership on a particularly sunny morning. The service manager cames out and sheilded the sun from the direction it was hitting the screen, and the touch screen worked fit. The screen apparently works by picking up disruptions of light from your finger rather than actual pressure on the screen. So, if there is a glare on the screen, it may cause the finger touches to be mismapped on the screen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
davegood
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing