Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had posted something the other day in regards to a probem I was having with the trip computer on the nav system. No one answered me and I am not sure why? I had inquired about the average MPG staying on the same MPG/average no matter what type of driving I did-hwy vs city especially when I was down to half a tank. When I fill up with gas it flashes MPG's anywhere from 64 down to 10 and finally stabilizes a few minutes later. Is this normal? I know it's resetting itself since I have it on auto refill but this is crazy. I have called my dealer and Acura customer service and they act as if they don't know anything and the service tecs no next to nothing about the compexity or usage of the nav.

Today my touch screen capability froze on the nav for the setup, trip computer , calender etc however the touch screen worked in the other fields. Stange I thought. I tried shutting the car off and also realised that the backup camera brightness didn't work either-it's connected to the setup screen which was frozen. This is very frustrating since I only have 900 miles and have been experiencing some problems. Has anyone else experienced this? Then out of the blue it returned so now I'm totally stumped. Any suggestions woud be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Robin,

Sorry to hear! Mine does not do any of the things you describe.

Don't let the dealer feed you bull though, ask for a fix or system replacement.

Get satisfaction-you paid too much to be having problems with your vehicle.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Appears you may need dealer to look at your navi....after you fill up, you should see your MPGs start low, then go up progressively as you continue to drive. If the screen is showing 64 mpgs then goes down, that is not the way it should be, however on city streets after filling up, you may go up to 20 or so MPG and then settle down to a more realistic figure after you've driven for a while....I've never had the screen freeze, but sometimes the response after the screen is touched is not immediate, a few seconds goes by before it responds; if it goes too long, I just touch the screen again...

·
Registered
128 Posts
hmm, Robin's problems sound pretty serious.
mine (tour/navi) once didn't work for voice recognition,
but by restarting the engine, it worked ok.

dealer should solve these problems asap.

·
Registered
127 Posts
This might help

Remember that the touch screen is not a touch screen. It is not a pressure sensitive screen. It uses an array of infrareds around the perimeter to draw a grid above the screen. When you break the grid with you finger it translates it to a position for the computer. This is why if the sun is beating down on the screen it wont pick up that you are trying to press it. Just block the sun with your hand and it will start working again. I dont know it this has to do with your problem or not but I hope it helps.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks I'll try that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: This might help

Rodzir said:
Remember that the touch screen is not a touch screen. It is not a pressure sensitive screen. It uses an array of infrareds around the perimeter to draw a grid above the screen. When you break the grid with you finger it translates it to a position for the computer. This is why if the sun is beating down on the screen it wont pick up that you are trying to press it. Just block the sun with your hand and it will start working again. I dont know it this has to do with your problem or not but I hope it helps.
This morning, after backing out of my garage, I noticed that the touch screen was not working. However, the buttons and the joystick seemed to have no problem. Restarting the car didn't help. Once I moved out of direct sunlight everything was ok again. Before reading your message I was worried because I though our navi screen was pressure sensitive. So, thanks for the great information!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Nav Screen is not responding. It's frozen most of the time, making it impossible to regulate my A/C. Can this be repaired or is there any other way I can have control of my A/C please?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts