Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Explain to me how C&D mag (jan 03 issue) obtained a 7.8s 0-60 time and [email protected] 1/4 mile for a 2003 MDX test they did (remember that comparo it got 3rd in?) whereas this latest issue shows a Honda Oddyssey which weighs practically the same, with the old 240hp V6, same if not inferior gearing, gets 0-60 of 7.5 and 1/4 mile time of [email protected]

Clearly, they are morons. Don't give me the "but road and weather conditions may have been different". Please. 20 horsepower (i say honda lies, it's more than 20) and a new tranny and upgraded more-rear-wheels-centric VTM system don't add up to just a tenth or two diff.

I for one know that my 2003 feels WAAAAY faster than mid or upper 7s 0-60 dash and 16-sec range 1/4 mile. Either that or I have a rigged car or something.

So the morale of the story: Don't pay attention to mag and manufacturer quotes. TEST DRIVE!

·
Registered
203 Posts
shocking shocking

:mad: what da!!!! hey never knew that X is that fast!!! maybe i haven't really push it hard enough!:D but down here in Oz,,, such car magazines were partically focus on acceleration ( maybe its because all these but, giant horsepower Holdens),
Anyway, I read an article on conparison between X53.0, RX330 ML350 and 03X. the article were normal and when i looked at the 0-100km, the results were, ML330--9.5sec X5--8.9sec RX330--8.9 and MDX--8.6sec. it was good that X was the fastest among them, but but,,, why there's a big gap between the statics (8.6sec to 7.8sec)? is the Xs here been detuned or something?:confused:

p.s the editor actually did these tests Oz,, he was the only one in the cars.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Re: shocking shocking

jamchen said:
:mad: what da!!!! hey never knew that X is that fast!!! maybe i haven't really push it hard enough!:D but down here in Oz,,, such car magazines were partically focus on acceleration ( maybe its because all these but, giant horsepower Holdens),
Isn't that because of the gravity thing 'down under'? ....Sorry, I should be ashamed of myself, but I just can't resist...!:17:

·
Can see but can't speak
311 Posts
What is surprising about the article from down under is that the 0-60 time is the same for both the X5 and RX330. I personally have driven the X5 and the RX300 but not the RX330. Maybe I am surprise because the RX300 was not even close to the X5 accelaration wise, and maybe I am surprise because most of the RX330 drivers drive the RX like a old lady, frankly, the RX330 could be 120 HP and most of the owners wouldn't know the difference.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thats what I like about my mdx, its actually really fast. Back in 95 when I had my 95 del Sol VTEC, it was considered fast in its day with a 15.7 quarter (same quarter as the mustang GT at that time). The MDX is as fast as my old del Sol which was plenty fast for me back then when I was in 24-25.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trust me, the X is NOT an 8-second-range 0-60 car. Well, the 03 sure ain't.

I wager that it's in the low 7 second range. I'm telling you, that engine is a monster for just 3.5L. Too bad it gets a teeny little bit rough when you approach redline, but hey, you can't ask for too much from SOHC design.

The new 2005 RL will be awesome with 300 horse, lower weight. Easily compete with BMW 545i.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Consumer Guide test says 04 is 7.1 sec 0-60. Seems about right from driving it. Plenty quick.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It used to be great source of getting information when you had no other option to reach out for creating files, but now you can trust on essayswriting reviews online writing service which can help you out for being strong and getting your assignment done.
its been a pretty long time since I have been following those people day and night

1 - 8 of 8 Posts