Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My second post here. GREAT SITE. I'll appologize now for the long post.

After looking for over a year at the MDX, other SUVs and several cars, then trying to decide if we should replace our car ('92 Acura Legend) or our SUV ('97 Ford Explorer), we finally decided to become a two Acura family! Ordered the MDX March 16, with estimated delivery Mid May.

The hardest decision was which vehicle to replace. We absolutely love the Legend, and it only has 66k miles on it. But the Explorer is 5 years newer -- which to trade in? But then we looked at expenses -- we've spent more on the Ford in 5 years than we have on the Acura over 10 years! We decided over the next 5 years the Legend would still be cheaper to keep, plus it makes a great second car!

One of my hesitancies about the MDX was the problem of my left foot:(. The lack of a dead peddle and lack of length for my left leg really bothered me. I figured that if it was a problem for a short test drive, that I'd go nuts on a long drive. Thanks to the posts I've seen here regarding this problem, I decided that I'd get used to it. Plus we didn't find any vehicle we liked better.

I see that many of your signatures include the specs on your MDX. Here's what I'm getting: 2002 Mesa Beige Metallic, Touring, Navigation, all season floormats, cargo liner, cover and net, tailgate deflector, air deflector, rear spash guards, fender flares, lower trim, side molding, wheel locks, gold inner grille, emblems (on wheels also), moonroof visor, clear bra on mirrors. Can't wait!

As far as the dealer goes, we've really enjoyed working with Gary Preston at Foothills Acura in Boulder, CO. Patient beyond words, never pushy, great to work with!

Now, let me see if I can figure out how to include a pic (from the Acura build your own site).

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
Don't forget to get the side steps, and look for Tim's March and April specials + the group buys. You will save a ton on them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Niether my wife or I like the side steps. You hit your leg on them all the time, and we don't like the looks either. Seems to take away some of the "off road" look (not that we'll do much off roading of course:D).

Who's Tim?

·
Registered
411 Posts
I really felt that the side steps should have been standard on the MDX. I really like them and the way they look. My daughter always uses them to get in and out of the car.

Without them, MDX kind of looked bland .... but that's just me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Personally, I like the side steps a lot. I was not sure whether to go with side steps or running boards until I saw one with side steps installed. They make the X look more like a SUV and less like a minivan in my book. Just my personal observation ;)

·
Registered
206 Posts
I had mixed feelings about the sidesteps or running boards. I opted not to get them. We have no problem getting into the MDX without them, saved money, and is easier to clean the sides. I do agree though that they make the MDX look more like an SUV, but I like how the MDX looks without them.

However, if I had them, I would have used them to reach the roof of the MDX to dry it after washing, instead of the stepstool I used which subsequently colapsed and caused to to break my heel and have to use crutches for 2 1/2 months. Im still walking around in pain, but now a litle more careful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts