Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was the guy who was worried that the MDX would be too wide, but everyone here raved about the car so much I went and ordered one anyway. When my dealer called to say one was available, I was so excited about getting the car, I never bothered to measure my garage door opening, which I knew was pretty narrow, and a pretty tight squeeze for my last car (Geo Metro.) But I figured, how wide can the MDX really be?

So I drove home from the dealer with my brand new car and pulled up to my garage. It looked tight, but I still figured the car would fit. And it was kind of raining, and I didn't want to get out to check the width because I was wearing suede shoes that can't get wet, so I figured I'd eyeball it. Boy, was that a mistake! I guess I should have heard the first scraping noise as I hit the pillar and stopped pulling in, but I was cranking up the Bose system. And in retrospect, I did notice the car getting sluggish as I pulled in further, but I figured that was the VTEC or something, not the bumper being ripped off. And by the time I realized what was going on, I was pretty well wedged in there. (see photo)

Anyway, I'm pretty bummed. Luckily the car is still under warranty, so I'm sure it'll all be covered. But now I have to drive to the body shop and get an estimate, and I'll be without my brand new car for a couple weeks. And I guess I'll park on the street. But it's worth it, 'cause I love the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
I was going to say it was the best laugh I had in a while, but then I thought, what if it was true. Im glad you admitted it was a joke.

That was a very good story Misterjon.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The "kids" call it LOL - great stuff. The picture sealed it.

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
442 Posts
I especially liked the part about the suede shoes...

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Don't think that the Acura warranty would have covered the damage anyhow ... seems that the bumper-to-bumper warranty requires both bumpers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I really thought it was true until I see the reference to suede shoes. I thought, hmmm, this guy sounds like Robin Williams. I had a real good laugh. Cool. The bumper to bumper warranty was good too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts