Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first got my x there was no else in my area that has seen anything like it. Now it seems there is almost as many Xs on the road as those RX300s, mercede's vans, and bmw wagons and I don't feel so unique anymore. Just yesterday when stopped at a red light 2 Xs passed me back to back, both with those huge soccer stickers on the back (soccer mom) and I almost puked.
I'm going to add some more modifications this summer because owning an X is no longer different in my area. Honda adding the Pilot to their lineup isn't helping the situation either.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Jason,

Just wait a year or two and get an Aztek. My guess is that in a year or two you will not see any of these on the road and you can be unique.:D

Seriously, what you say is true - I noticed 3 other MDXs on my commute home last week - and my commute is only 2.5 miles! Oh well, it's still a great car/SUV.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
I still only see ...

... a few per week. They are still fairly rare in my area. Have yet to see one of the new colors on the road.

·
Registered
266 Posts
manus1980 said:
.. both with those huge soccer stickers on the back (soccer mom) and I almost puked..
Looks like the MDX is being used as the minivan of the new century in Jersey - ((( not the soccer mom sticker))) arghhhhh!
Next time we will see the "Proud Parent of an honor roll child" sticker

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Regading modifications, my MDX ...

... is now very unique:cool:

Touring, DMP (discontinued:rolleyes: ), with BSM, silver powdercoated SideSteps:D , w/o Roof Rack:cool: :D :cool:

Its one of a kind:p

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
America's Best Kept SUV Secret

The Vehicross is a cool truck and I hardly ever see them on the road. Its styling is controversial, had poor advertising, and was discontinued in the US as of 2001. It is the same size as the Amigo about 170" long yet has almost as much power as the X, 230hp V-6. It came with 18in rims, red leather interior, and body paneling on the side that appeared to be ding-proof all standard. The side panels as is the rest of the Vehicross are function before beauty. I was considering getting one before the X but there is no leg room, even with the seat all the way back. This is the suv that you will never see a soccer mom sticker on, that is if you ever see one at all.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've noticed many more X's in the Memphis area also. That goes to show you that more and more people know a good thing, when they see one.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Still happily rare here in North County San Diego. Only one in the parking garage, still get people walking over to take a look when I walk out to it on the way home. Ratio of sighting to RX300 must be at least 1 MDX to every 20 RX300 and 10 Mercedes SUV's.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Still very rare up in the north, I might see one every 6 weeks or so. Maybe more now that tourists are starting to show up...

As a result, my SS is still turning heads! :D:D

·
Registered
285 Posts
yeap, definately more and more here in north Texas.... mine included... especially in Plano area.... i must have bumped into at least 5 everyday in the past week.... but, only saw once another red one....:D

·
Registered
103 Posts
hey ghost

I might have my SS MDX up your way if it gets here in time. I'll be up for the Marathon at the end of June. The MDX is due sometime in June. Later in the summer I'll be back through on my way to the gunflint trail. By then I hope to have a roof rack installed for the canoe and kayak.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
too many??

I don't think it will be too many MDX on the road if you are not living around my area. :D :D :D

I could see at least 10 to 20 MDXs around my area everyday. And a lot of time, I could see at least one around mine while I am waiting for the green light. :D :D

So too many? come over my area. :D :) :p

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Brooklyn, Queens, Long Island

I'm seeing a hell of a lot more here. On the belt parkway over the weekend I saw alot. More recently in Nassau county I've seen at least 6 on the road. Msrp and below is becoming much more popular, and the fear of the pilot is comming to life!!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Lots of MDX's

I see a lot of MDX's in the Indianapolis area. In fact, my nextdoor neighbor has just purchased one!! Oh well, just confirms what a good choice we all made. Just took some people longer to realize what they were missing!;)

·
Registered
619 Posts
not much of a problem for me. Then again, I live in Bubbaland. I probably see more duallies, suburbans, expeditions, and their equivalent trucks then rest of u all put together!:rolleyes: :( :p

·
Registered
39 Posts
You can't throw away a weeping mirror in the San Francisco Bay Area without hitting another MDX. Most likely a silver one!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Still very rare in Maine. I've only seen four other than my own in the last 15 months. All sightings were either GG or SS and all with out-of -state plates.

Now that DMP has been discontinued I'm assured of even more uniqueness. I'm lucky to see one Acura anything each month.

·
Registered
88 Posts
ACCMDX - I understand that the NAV does not have coverage in Maine. Is this true? If so, any rumours on coverage on the next DVD release? I am planning a couple of trips to your state this summer. Thanks.

P.S. Plenty of MDXs in the Boston area. I see 3-4 a day, including a Havasu yesterday.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
MDX88 said:
ACCMDX - I understand that the NAV does not have coverage in Maine. Is this true? If so, any rumours on coverage on the next DVD release? I am planning a couple of trips to your state this summer. Thanks.

P.S. Plenty of MDXs in the Boston area. I see 3-4 a day, including a Havasu yesterday.
Contact acura directly they have a number listed in the navagation book given to you when purchased. They have the most knowledge, much more than the dealer.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts