Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I came back from a trip to find my '08 MDX dead at the airport (almost certainly the Bluetooth issue). I called for a jump and the toe guy hooked up backwards instantly killing the vehicle. Got it home, replaced the blown fuses (main fuse, radio, and one other that I can't think of this second), and pulled out that HFL module. The vehicle is running, but the radio is dead, the sat nav screen is dead, the buttons for the power locks don't work, the key fob does't work, the gas cap button doesn't work and the remote starter doesn't work. I think everything else in the vehicle is functional, but I might have missed something.

At this point I think it's safe to say the fuses didn't protect all the modules and I've likely blown the one in the driver side door, but I haven't been able to find a lot of information on everything that is likely to have been damaged. I'm hoping someone can give me a hand diagnosing what needs to be replaced so that I can at least cost out what the repair will set me back before I write this vehicle off!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Hopefully the tow trucker driver admits the mistake. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull some crap like "it was like that before we touched it".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts