Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Request the map routing 14 days ago, until now I still didn't receive it. :( I am going on the trip today. :( (Supposely take 7~10 days to deliver into my mailbox.)

I requested another map routing for the trip by the end of April. Hopefully I will receive it this time.

Well, we will see......

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
May I suggest that you go to www.mapquest.com and do it yourself? They can give you any level of detail that you want.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You are both right.

I called today for trip routing and the person I talked to seemed to have trouble understanding and speaking English. I gave up and maybe will try again in a few days. In the meantime, there is MapQuest, AAA or even just pick up some maps at the gas station.

·
Registered
184 Posts
JTM,

Where are you going? I got tired of getting lost in Fairfax County and bought a map book and CD from Rand McNally. The maps and CD was originally produced by Thomas Brothers (which they now own) and has the best detail I've seen. Unfortunately, they don't have a trip maker function so I use MS Streets and Trips to lay out the trip.
Overall, MS Streets and Trips is OK but the look of the maps is poor and their address resolution is sometimes off by a block. I still haven't found any map that shows the correct street names in VA (especially east of Dulles).
I think both Thomas Brothers and Rand McNally have some web based mapping that you can use.

Even with all the maps and map programs that I own, I'm still glad I got the Navi.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts