Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great news: Tischer Acura is now Acura of Laurel, located in Laurel, Anne Arundel County, Maryland. Tischer was bought by Norris Automotive Group, which also owns Norris Acura West in Ellicott City.
They cleaned house and got rid of most if not all of the people. I had HUGE problems with Tischer people. I had an RL that had weird problems and they kept telling me there was nothing wrong. Acura corporate ended up stepping in and doing a buyback. I later got another RL and later an MDX from Acura West with no problems at all. My wife didnt want to drive past Tischer to go to the other dealer, so she tried them out again 2 years ago for simple maintenance. On that occasion I found that a mechanic took my vehicle to his home for an hour while my wife was waiting at the dealership - I had a GPS tracker in the vehicle. I spoke to the owner and he said the mechanic had been with him a long time and was a good worker, so he would "talk to him" but would do nothing else. The employee said he had to go to the bathroom. I didn't notice anything wrong, so I let it go. We rarely use the sunroof, but I needed to a couple days later and found the mechanism was damaged with tool marks and scratches on the bolts. I am almost certain that the parts were changed out at that guys house, but I could not prove it. I started a campaign and contacted Acura corporate and they acknowledged the problems and were working on it, but would not say anything else. Shortly thereafter they were bought out and the name changed because of the bad reputation. The prices have gotten lower and they built a new building. Recent service with them has been great.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts