Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Tires - Touring Tire Tread Problem

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  MarkC 
#1 ·
I ran up against a curb and the tire split on the sidewall. About 1 inch long, 1/4 inch deep. I've looked at two tire dealers who have the Michelin SUV tires but they have a different tread. Mine has a bi-directional tread, the new ones have a single direction and smaller pads.

Has anyone else run into the same problem.

Has anyone replaced a single Touring tire?

thanks

MB-

#2 ·
Were they the Cross Terrains? I seem to recall folks saying the CTs we have are OEM only, so they had to be special ordered...but I think tirerack.com has the CTs...

#3 ·
I did not replace it but bought for a full size spare. The thread is exactly as the ones in the 'DX.

#4 ·
tdnone said:
I did not replace it but bought for a full size spare. The thread is exactly as the ones in the 'DX.
Where did you purchase it?

Tirerack.com shows the new tread pattern only.

MB-

#5 ·
I had exactly the same thing happen when my wife was driving the car early on. I bought a replacement from Tire Rack for $130 and it was exactly like the Michelins on the car.

Tom

MesaBeige said:
I ran up against a curb and the tire split on the sidewall. About 1 inch long, 1/4 inch deep. I've looked at two tire dealers who have the Michelin SUV tires but they have a different tread. Mine has a bi-directional tread, the new ones have a single direction and smaller pads.

Has anyone else run into the same problem.

Has anyone replaced a single Touring tire?

thanks

MB-

#6 ·
MesaBeige said:

Where did you purchase it?

Tirerack.com shows the new tread pattern only.

MB-
I went into the strore named America's Tire Company, a large chain. They ordered for me.

#7 ·
I ordered my full size spare from Tim (hondacuraworld). It appears to be the same tread pattern as the originals. Same price as TireRack.

As tdnone mentioned, America's Tire Company, can get anything and at decent prices. I had them mount and balance my full size spare after delivery from Tim.

FYI: Americas Tire Co. and Discount Tires are same company. Check them out on the web.

America's Tire Co

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.