Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 MDX Tech - Crystal Black Pearl/Black
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question - I had my front tires replaced a week ago due to possible flat spots. Rears are 60- 70% tread. Dealer said to just skip a rotation to help them balance out. In that week since, I have had the SH-AWD 1842-27 error come up twice. Can tire tread variance make a difference and drive that code? Car drives fine.

·
Registered
135 Posts
different tires, even within a brand that have the same tire size can vary more than you might think in overall diameter. And that's what messes up the computer. So, did you replace the tires with the exact same size, brand and nomenclature as what is on the rear or just the same size?

·
Registered
2017 MDX Tech - Crystal Black Pearl/Black
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exact same Continentals front and rear

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Might have to find out what exactly is that error code if for. I've put two brand new tires on the same axle on my 1st gen sh-awd system on my 08 RDX and 11 MDX several times without issues. The manual for those vehicle said to replace all four; but, you can replace two if you keep the new pair on the same front or rear axle. I've done the same as the service manager suggested and kept the new tires on the fronts longer to even out the wear to resume normal rotations/cross-rotations when I'm around 1/32nd wear difference between all 4 tires.

I haven't check out the +14 MDX manual to see if the same holds true for the 2nd generation sh-awd system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts