Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried different tire pressures in my X to be below and above the 32 psi as recommended in the manual for normal driving.

I can conclude that the tire pressure is affecting the X's performance and the ride comfort.

Performance is suffered if the tire pressure is below 32 psi while the ride comfort may be a little better.

When the tire pressure is above 32 psi, performance increases to provide better handling, but ride comfort may suffer to include bumpy ride.

It may be this reason why all MDXs' tires are inflated so much when they are first delivered from the dealer in the new X buyers.

Not only that, when I brougt my X to the dealer for the 3750 mi service check, they inspected the tires, and inflated the tires to 37-40 psi when I went home and checked the tire pressures. :eek:

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
iceman1331,

I usually run my tires at 34 psi and find this optimal for comfort vs. performance. Of course, YMMV depending on your driving habits and road conditions.:roadtrip:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
MPG will suffer with low pressure as well.

Is the door pressure rating for hot or cold?
They may have filled to 32 cold and when you got home it was 37 hot...

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi All:

___Yes, I have found the exact same thing. When I fill the X‘s X-Terrains up to 83.625 #’s, I get 62 mpg on the hwy … Who needs ride comfort anyway :eek:

___I am just kidding of course ;) 34 #’s is where I like to keep em … With all of the talk about tire pressures today, I think I will head out into the garage in a few to take the X’s and Corolla’s pressures.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
455 Posts
I keep mine at 34psi, and I always tell the service desk, NO wash, and don't adjust the tire pressure.

·
Registered
715 Posts
DEZRVIT said:
I keep mine at 34psi, and I always tell the service desk, NO wash, and don't adjust the tire pressure.

Ditto!!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
DEZRVIT said:
Same here.

I don't know how the service department could properly adjust the tire pressure unless they had the vehicle overnight. Tire pressure recommendations are for cold tires that have not been driven for hours.

I can not feel any difference in ride comfort with 34 psi compaired to 32.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I keep them at 34-35 = only add if below 34, fill to 35. Use a digital guage.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Always has pressure up to 35. Check it almost every month after filling gas at the gas station. :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
hammermdx said:

Ditto, Ditto!!!:4:
Ditto, Ditto , Ditto.

The air pressure is high when they are shipped so the tires won't "flat spot" when strapped down on trains/trucks. Every Acura I've purchased has had at least 10psi over the recommended pressure when I've picked it up which tells me no one is checking them. I always put it on the questionaire but it doesn't seem to help.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
feliz said:

Ditto, Ditto , Ditto.

The air pressure is high when they are shipped so the tires won't "flat spot" when strapped down on trains/trucks. Every Acura I've purchased has had at least 10psi over the recommended pressure when I've picked it up which tells me no one is checking them. I always put it on the questionaire but it doesn't seem to help.
Got no problem with it. Rather have them delivered over then under.
But the dealer should trim them accordingly before you get them.
My dealer did.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Considering the last post was in 2003? they might have learn the optimal tire pressure by now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts