Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
What type of problems are you having. Incorrect readings, no readings, readings stay the same no matter the psi, hand gauge is way off from tpms, alarms, etc...

·
Registered
336 Posts
Many tire shops have a hand held wireless device that can read pressures from the sensors. If they can't get a reading from a sensor, then it's either defective or has a dead battery. Of course you could still have a sensor that is defective but gives a reading. As asked above, more detail on what issues you might be experiencing would be helpful.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
noting really..my mdx has been fitted with new tires when i purchased it,i have noticed that i have only 2 that are losing pressure every couple of weeks or so. i was wondering if the sensors were bad..

·
Registered
39 Posts
noting really..my mdx has been fitted with new tires when i purchased it,i have noticed that i have only 2 that are losing pressure every couple of weeks or so. i was wondering if the sensors were bad..
There are kits to replace the gaskets. They probably should have done that when you purchased the tires as at least my local tire shop does that and charges $8 a pop. The TPMS does not need to be replaced, just the gaskets. My tire shop nearby (Discount Tire) pretty much requires these are replaced and charges you unless you tell them specifically not to replace the TPMS gaskets.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are kits to replace the gaskets. They probably should have done that when you purchased the tires as at least my local tire shop does that and charges $8 a pop. The TPMS does not need to be replaced, just the gaskets. My tire shop nearby (Discount Tire) pretty much requires these are replaced and charges you unless you tell them specifically not to replace the TPMS gaskets.
>>thank you sseiyah will try your suggestion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts