Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2016 Acura MDX. I recently put winter tires on my suv without tire pressure monitors. Is there anyway to turn off the monitors until I put my summer tires back on

·
Registered
495 Posts
Without the TPMS monitors the car won't let you turn off stability control (as it assumes you need all the assistance the car can give). This comes into play if you ever get into a "stuck" or "deep snow" situation, because turning off stability control really helps you gain extra traction to get out of bad places (like if you're driving thru your back yard to get to a trailer in the middle of winter - as an example :) ).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Without the TPMS monitors the car won't let you turn off stability control (as it assumes you need all the assistance the car can give). This comes into play if you ever get into a "stuck" or "deep snow" situation, because turning off stability control really helps you gain extra traction to get out of bad places (like if you're driving thru your back yard to get to a trailer in the middle of winter - as an example :) ).
Thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts