Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys please recommend a good tire dressing product? I am tired of off the shelf stuff that only last a day or two.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Depends what kind of shine you want. Also the key to having it last long is making sure the tire is clean and dry before you apply. ( and also allow product to dry)

·
Registered
726 Posts
I like Michelin Tire Shine. It's low-gloss, which is the look I prefer. It stays on through some rain or a car wash or two. Be aware that when you first start using it, it takes several applications before it soaks in evenly and gives an even color, but after that one application will do the trick.

·
Registered
29 Posts
black magic works great for me. after a week, if I dont wash it, i can just rub the brake dust off my tires and they still shine.....just not like first putting it on.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.

Currently I've been using Black magic, the oily spray. Two coats, 15-20 minutes between applications, two days later tire look dull with almost no shine.

I think I used to like Meguiars' tire gel, but if I remember correctly it used to attract a lot of dust.

The stuff they use at the dealers is the look I want to get.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have used the following, all have worked well. Last a long time with minimal splatter and last through rain. Amount of shine will vary based on how many coats you apply. Best of all will not make your tires dull and brown.

Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel - 32 oz | Detailed Image

Poorboy's World Bold 'n Bright - 16 oz | Detailed Image

Tire Shine Gel by Armor All: Extreme Tire Shine Gel

Tried the Armor All (I know heresy, cause I wanted the rebate to try their new wheel protectant) surprised me. Worked well, cheap price, and came with a nice applicator.

You have to make sure you tires are super clean first with any of these products, use a god APC first on your rubber.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Oh, an the Optimum can be bought in bulk size, sweet shininess for our big tires.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Have you tried Black Magic tire wet foam? it has to be the can that sprays the foam though not the other one in the spray bottle. It lasts for weeks on my X and looks black and shiney the whole time and its off the shelf! I dont use anything else because this just works. I find everything else goes brown, this is the only one that stayed black.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Zaino here. Very subtle.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm surprised no one mentioned Meguirs. Looks like Chemical Guys groits and bLackmagic is the popular one. I heard Armorall is complete garbage. Anyone else have a favorite?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I like Black Magic as well- but I spray it onto a curved foam applicator, you can get them cheap on Amazon. Spraying directly onto the tire usually means I get it on the wheels, etc- and my OCD can't handle that :). No-touch tire foam is remarkably easy to use too.

·
Registered
620 Posts
we used a product from a local detailer supply for years that worked really well but the new California low voc version doesn't do much. Several places and the dealer use something that looks great but if you get near the tire and brush it it dyes your clothes and shoes black. Are any of the above produces in this thread good at a clean even black color, don't turn to brown easily, and don't get all over ones clothes for weeks?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I do use Meguiar's Endurance Tire Gel when I have time because it is labor intensive. I found a combination of a general purpose sponge from big box store + a fine bristled paint brush give me the most even application. It's shiny for the first week or so and then more of a satin sheen for another week even after a car wash or rain.

If in a hurry, I grab Black Magic Tire Wet spray (aerosol). Goes on in a matter of seconds, 1 coat is deep black but not too shiny. 2nd coat will make it glossy. Might last a week or so.

As mentioned above, the key to all of the dressings is clean & dry tires.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts