Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just bought mine last week. i got it because I was lucky. supposedly, there was not a single one in the whole city of Houston. But I made phone calls to all the dealers in the area, and there was one silver one available, but when I got there, it was in the process of being sold. I was about to leave when the sales man told me he may have a red one available. Turns out the red one was for a customer who made a deposit 2 months ago, but now he as in financial trouble and couldnt buy it. So I bought it six hours later.

The moral of the story is that you should check on the dealers often because you never know....

By the way, I definitely would not put a deposit down. that just complicates matter especially if you deal with multiple dealers.

also as for the accessories, I got ripped off by about 400 hundred bucks by buying the running board, fender flares, and body mold from the dealer. You could do better by buying it from the internet and negotiate a deal with the dealer to install them for you. I am a lazy bum so I just let the dealer do it and paid a price for it.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
715 Posts
srpbep, now that you have had the honor and privilege of paying MSRP, how do you feel?;) No, you are right, it sounds like you have been granted a special favor to have ONLY spent MSRP to acquire your X. Me, too!

Don't recall the context of that comment, but it sounds like it was made by someone who paid much MORE than MSRP for his/her X.
You, like me, then got a bargain.
;)

Seriously, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Ody and MDX resale prices have been holding up verrrrrrry well, thank you. And if the quality remains high and the production remains tight (keep in mind that Honda can SHIFT production of the ODY/MDX/PILOT among the plants, but can't really affect the total QUANTITY of production very much) your resale value should remain high.

This has been, IMO, a deliberate strategy by Honda, and I think very brilliant. They desire to remain independent, in spite of the consolidations going on in the auto industry.

Produce great cars, with great demand, and keep production low and profits (and dealer profits) and resale high.

Everyone comes out ahead! At least I hope so, and I put my $$ where my mouth is.
:D

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Octavian,

I am not worried at all about the price paid for the MDX or the value of the MDX over time. I just found it hard to comprehend how someone could tell me that paying MSRP was a "special opportunity in life"!!

The dealer that we bought from told us what it would cost and answered our questions about the vehicle [factual, helpful, etc]. That vehcie was what we wanted at a price we were willing to pay, we bought the MDX.

Had the dealer explained how good it was to pay MSRP or compared its resale to that of a Ford Explorer, we might now own an RX300. I suspect that we are among the many that bought the MDX because we liked it.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts