Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 06 for years and even though I'm at about 148k miles, I'm tired of putting $ into it every time I get service (random stuff every time) and I want a newer toy! Anyway, I am going back and forth between a 2019 (or 2020 if it's not THAT much more) CPO Tech vs Adv. I'm leaning towards the Adv because of the better seats and some other goodies, but I'm wondering what y'all think?

I will admit that I have not bought a car in like 12 years and I got sticker shock... my 06 CPO cost under 23 (one of the lower models) and now I'm seeing used base models in the low 30s and the trim I want at like 41? ugh thanks inflation.

I've also been looking at Lexus RX, Volvo XC90, or an X5 (2018-19 since I don't want to go over 42 before taxes/fees) but I think I might just stick with Acura. Some of those are high 40s to 50s (esp the Volvo) and no way I can afford that. Anyway, I am wondering your thoughts on Tech vs Adv vs even Tech/A-Spec and whether the upgrades are worth it.

I have a long commute and all I care about is the best sound system and seats and it seems Adv would give me that (unless I'm wrong) and Adv comes with a remote start that I would love to have, esp here in TX! No matter what I get, I plan on the longest warranty possible because I had to spend way too much after mine expired. I think within a few months of getting my 06 I had to get a torque converter, so the warranty paid for itself. LOL

·
Super Moderator
1,904 Posts
Both Tech and Adv equipped with remote start. The biggest difference between two is advance comes with heated and ventilated front seats, heated second row seat, heated steering wheel, 360 degree surround camera, head up display and auto dim outside mirror.

You will need to decide if the extra cost worth the money for all the extra features.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
You also get electronic dampers with the Adv model that will give you a more comfy to sporty ride over the tech and Aspec. I like the look of my Adv MDX with the LED fogs and standard roof rails. You don't need sh-awd; but, the MDX will handle better and drive like a smaller vehicle with sh-awd. I can't remember if all models have acoustic glass or just the Adv?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm used to AWD so it's a preference (even though I don't really need it in TX compared to when I was on the east coast). I'm surprised the Tech doesn't come with ventilated seats. Some of the adv options sound cool (360 camera, HUD, etc) but the main one that interests me is the vented seats. Are the sound systems comparable on the Tech/Adv? I like my music loud and my 06 touring's sound system is surprisingly great.

I'm seeing some 2020 Tech for about the same price as 2019 adv around me, so I might even consider that... I'm seeing some with less than 10,000 miles!

·
Super Moderator
1,904 Posts
I'm used to AWD so it's a preference (even though I don't really need it in TX compared to when I was on the east coast). I'm surprised the Tech doesn't come with ventilated seats. Some of the adv options sound cool (360 camera, HUD, etc) but the main one that interests me is the vented seats. Are the sound systems comparable on the Tech/Adv? I like my music loud and my 06 touring's sound system is surprisingly great.

I'm seeing some 2020 Tech for about the same price as 2019 adv around me, so I might even consider that... I'm seeing some with less than 10,000 miles!
go try them out. adv has one extra speaker (on overhead?) compares to tech model. I had tech and I love the sound quality. Didn’t try adv model, so I can’t tell you how big the difference between the trim.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
go try them out. adv has one extra speaker (on overhead?) compares to tech model. I had tech and I love the sound quality. Didn’t try adv model, so I can’t tell you how big the difference between the trim.
Nice, thank you!

Another thing I am wondering about is the cost for Acuracare. Back when I got my old one, it only cost 1500 to extend from the 40k mileage to 100k. I know dealers won't tell you that price until it's time to negotiate, but I'm curious.. the only thing I've had to compare to is Carvana where a low mileage MDX costs about $1110-1500 to extend out 60 months/100k. That's crucial to me because of how the warranty paid for itself several times within the time I had it active.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
You could also look for a CPO MDX because it has AcuraCare include. The 4/50k basic is increased to 6/100k and the 6/70k powertrain is increased to 7/100k with CPO.

Reactions: PraXis

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You could also look for a CPO MDX because it has AcuraCare include. The 4/50k basic is increased to 6/100k and the 6/70k powertrain is increased to 7/100k with CPO.
Yes, definitely! I'm looking at CPO MDX exclusively instead of "regular" used. I want the longest bumper-to-bumper warranty possible... especially with all these crazy electronics and sensors. I'm seeing a dealership near me that says they offer a 24 month/100k after normal warranty expires. I need to see things in clear terms/writing as to what is covered and to what exact date/mileage. When I bought my MDX CPO years ago, I had to buy AcuraCare separately so I wonder if something changed since then.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
I glanced at my CPO warranty booklet for my CPO 18 RLX and it looks like AcuraCare? I know you can get AcuraCare for 5yrs and 120,000 miles (I think there might be a 150,000 miles AcuraCare). The only issue is some dealerships are selling 3rd party warranties instead of AcuraCare. The 3rd party ones might have restrictions like not being able to transfer to new owner, may/may not cancel at anytime, all maint must be done at an approved shop, or can't be used with other repairs shops or out of town.

Reactions: PraXis
1 - 10 of 10 Posts