Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded in on a new MDX!

2001 MDX Touring/Nav, Granite Green, 12K miles.

Has:

Running Boards
Wood Meter Trim
Wood Steering Wheel
Mudguards
All-Season Mats
Tailgate Deflector

Perfect condition, available immediately. Please call Chris Del Prince in our sales department if interested, (716)826-4200

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
hondacuraworld said:
Just traded in on a new MDX!

2001 MDX Touring/Nav, Granite Green, 12K miles.

Has:

Running Boards
Wood Meter Trim
Wood Steering Wheel
Mudguards
All-Season Mats
Tailgate Deflector

Perfect condition, available immediately. Please call Chris Del Prince in our sales department if interested, (716)826-4200
For a minute I thought you traded in for an MDX, Tim!!

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: Tim has a Pre-Owned MDX available

MDXtrous said:

For a minute I thought you traded in for an MDX, Tim!!
Don't I wish! :(

It just came in late yesterday, so no pics yet, but I'll get sales to take care of that.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Looks good on the photos.... :D

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi All:

___$38,400 for the used 01? Tim, Chris is going to have to sharpen the pencil a bit to be more in line with reality? Myers picked up his new 03 Touring w/ Res at just $38500 plus another $500 in free Accessories and free oil changes for 4 years thrown in on top of that great price if that makes any difference. Even Edmunds Dealer Retail on this used X is just a hair over $35K. I think a new 03 is quite a bit more tempting in this case.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
43 Posts
38400? you sure? that is quite hefty for a 2001. even with the low mileage...it's still pricey. mine as well go with a 2003.

is the price negociable?

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Sapiansays:

___Yes, I spoke with Chris myself. I asked if it was an 01, if it was an American spec’ed X, and than the price … After I picked myself up off the floor, I said, “Did you say $38,400”? He said yes. I then mentioned Myers 03 Touring w/ RES for $38500 and he said no way, maybe a Touring direct. I said no, an 03 Touring w/ RES … Just a quick sentence or two about that price and to say Thank you and that was it.

___As for an X or not, “Just Do It”!

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email protected]

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Hey I'll sell my '01 Touring/Nav with 9950 miles for $38,500! :4: :D

Then I'll go buy an '03 Touring/Nav:21:

Seriously.......if that's the price, it's pretty high, but if the market will bear the price - then I say get all you can!

·
Registered
1 Posts
In defense of Chris who is obviously a new salesperson to the auto industry, although Edmunds says one thing, Kelly BLue Book online gives the same vehicle a retail value of over $40,000...
Who can the average consumer count on to get the "right" number on a car when there is such a drastic difference between two supposed "experts"????

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Ackman619:

___Unfortunately, we all live in the real world and there is no way you or I will purchase a used 01 no matter how many miles are on it for ~ the same or more than you can get a brand new and similarly equipped 03 for! Look in the large city papers, EBay, the various Car sites classifieds … No one is anywhere near this kind of price for an 01 X used or otherwise. I am sure they used Black Book numbers in trade so there is going to be a huge disparity between what either Edmunds or KBB lists as dealer retail and what dealer offered the previous owner using Black Book numbers … An 03 Touring w/ NAVI goes for 41K shipped if you were to pay MSRP, and not many pay full retail anymore? Not without something being thrown in anyways … Look at Myers 03 X Touring w/ RES if anyone needs a refresher.

___On another note, welcome to the AcuraMDX forums.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email protected]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts