Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a note to let you know I'm not going to be around HAW Thursday (tomorrow), and Friday, be back on Monday. I'm heading with the family to Strasburg PA, to the railroad museum and steam train excursions there, as well as the "Day Out with Thomas (the Tank Engine)." My little boy's gonna go nuts! :21:

I'll have my cell phone on me in case anything urgent develops. If anyone's in the area and wants to say hi, let me know before the end of the day.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Have a good time! Must admit I'm wondering whether the choo-choo's are really for him and not for you ;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
We're going too!!!

Hey Tim,
After speaking to my wife about the trip you have planned, she immediately started researching and hounded me on getting the 'X fixed (not that I was sitting on it). Well, hopefully the 'X gets ready by mid next week and we're shooting to go see Thomas and Sir TopamHat on Sunday the 16th (last day). Like your son, my daughter will absolutely go NUTS. Have a wondeful quality time with your family and let us know how it went.
Nathan

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey Tim - Hope that you have a great time. I was out there about 6 months ago and we all had a great time (we didn't do Thomas the Train though since my girls are a little older plus is usually a boy thing). Don't forget to get a ride on the Strasburg Railroad also. Although it is relatively short, you get some great views of the local Amish farms and people, plus, the kids realy love it. The weather is supposed to be so so for Thursday but absolutely beautiful on Friday. I will actualy be in Lancaster on Friday for a meeting but unfortunately I will be tied up all day. Good luck in trying to keep your wife away from all the outlets while in town. By the way, there is a great restaurant / deli in Strasburg across the streeet from Thomas the Train called Isaac's. I would definitely recommend eating there if you get the chance. It is relatively kid friendly and inexpenseive. I have included the web link below.

www.isaacsdeli.com
www.eatingpa.com

JPOW

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hi Tim,

Is the Thomas train a continuous attraction or something that takes place only 1/year. Is there a website? My son would love it too :D

Have a great trip with the family. Looks like the weather will be good.

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the links!

I wonder if the hotel has 'net access? :confused:

Anyways, if y'all see a white Volvo 960 with NY plates hanging around, give a honk and wave! Gotta print some "orged" cards :).

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
There's also a GREAT car museum in Strasburg on Rt. 896 -- The Gast Classic Motorcars Exhibit. It's very easy to spend HOURS there... :5: They used to have a '48 Tucker, but I believe it has been sold to another museum (Tucker is my lust machine :10: ).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts