Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This message pop up yesterday afternoon, i loosen the cap and retighten it, still there, went to Costco and fill up the gas, start the car, still there, after shopping in Costco and start it up again, message gone. Anyone has this happened before?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
This message pop up yesterday afternoon, i loosen the cap and retighten it, still there, went to Costco and fill up the gas, start the car, still there, after shopping in Costco and start it up again, message gone. Anyone has this happened before?
Not with MDX (since it is capless for 2019 model), but I have this happened on my 2009 TL multiple time. Normally after drive a bit and restart the car, the message will disappear. (Didn't even need to re-tight the cap)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is 2015, and I searched in Youtube, it's either the gas cap or the fuel pipe being loose.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I got the same, I cleaned that area and rubber seals and the plastic knob....gone for ever

2014 MDX Tech FWD

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the same, I cleaned that area and rubber seals and the plastic knob....gone for ever

2014 MDX Tech FWD
Can you try to take pic of the area that you cleaned? I saw online says to clean the rubber pipe, but not sure which one is it.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Open the gas filler door and look. There is a plastic rim around the fill pipe and a seal on the door itself.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Open the gas filler door and look. There is a plastic rim around the fill pipe and a seal on the door itself.
I thought he was referring someone under the hood, lol. I will clean the fill pipe area too, thank you so much!

·
Registered
154 Posts
This has happened to me 2-3 times on my 2015 mdx. It goes away after a few starts of the engine. No idea what triggers it so I stopped worrying about it.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This has happened to me 2-3 times on my 2015 mdx. It goes away after a few starts of the engine. No idea what triggers it so I stopped worrying about it.
I was gonna replace my fuel cap if it comes back, but so far, it hasn't.

·
Registered
140 Posts
During 4 years of ownership, have had it happen on my 2014 a few times too, always during driving.
There was no obvious reason to find, I did try retightening the cap, restart etc. Sometimes the indication was gone after that, sometimes it wasn't but after arriving at destination, parking the car and when starting to leave, it was gone.
Hasn't happend for quite some time now..
No idea what has caused this

·
Registered
478 Posts
Typically to cleat a code it takes numerous start cycles. Dont worry about it. If you use a code reader or the Torque app or similar it can clear codes fpr you.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's happened a few times to my 2015 MDX over the past few years. Has usually happened when I've gone to higher elevation in the mountains, but not always. Each time the code has cleared itself after a few days or less. I've never found the gas cap to be loose or dirty.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts