Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Acura MDX
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know any good tie rod brands?? Honda tie rod prices are ridiculous and I’ve been trying to find a good aftermarket brand to save some money. I have been seeing mixed reviews of MOOG tie rods and other aftermarket brands so I don’t really know.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Anyone know any good tie rod brands?? Honda tie rod prices are ridiculous and I’ve been trying to find a good aftermarket brand to save some money. I have been seeing mixed reviews of MOOG tie rods and other aftermarket brands so I don’t really know.
I regret buying cheap aftermarket brand. I need to replace them again. MOOG or Mevotech are good.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Honda tie rod prices are ridiculous
What? They are $70 for two and they last forever. Moog or Mevotech prices are not going to be significantly different. May be you can save like $10, but is it worth the experiment for many service years? My 2008 is 12 years old and tie rod ends were only replaced once in 2017 (so OEM served for 9 years, which means the next time I'll need to replace them around 2026.

·
Registered
56 Posts
What? They are $70 for two and they last forever. Moog or Mevotech prices are not going to be significantly different. May be you can save like $10, but is it worth the experiment for many service years? My 2008 is 12 years old and tie rod ends were only replaced once in 2017 (so OEM served for 9 years, which means the next time I'll need to replace them around 2026.
Where do you buy your parts bugdon? Here in the state (michigan) mine comes to around $230 for both inner and outer. If I buy it from the dealer its even more. I need to replace mine again and I'm going with OEM this time.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 Acura MDX
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe you’re talking about the outer tie rod end and you do have a point there but inner tie rods at the stealership is like $113 each which is a total rip off.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Where do you buy your parts bugdon? Here in the state (michigan) mine comes to around $230 for both inner and outer.
oemacuraparts:

$85 With shipping to Michigan for two complete tie rods. Don't forget a new castle nut as well (and pins, if yours are in bad shape).

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I believe you’re talking about the outer tie rod end
Yes.

inner tie rods at the stealership is like $113 each which is a total rip off.
$80 a pop at oemacuraparts:

Moog or Mevotech is going to be about twice less each. Never had to replace mine yet (I'm at 170K miles), but even if I do need to replace tomorrow, we are about 50 cents monthly difference for all these years of service.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Question. When the engine is running and the car is parked I can hear the clunky noises as I turn the steering wheel back and forth in quick motion. And when the engine is off there is no noises and the steering wheel felt very solid. What is the problem here? Bad steering rack, bad INNER tie rods? I replaced the outer tie rods and they are still fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yes.

$80 a pop at oemacuraparts:
View attachment 114831

Moog or Mevotech is going to be about twice less each. Never had to replace mine yet (I'm at 170K miles), but even if I do need to replace tomorrow, we are about 50 cents monthly difference for all these years of service.
Don't forget the alignment cost, $99 here in MN. I replaced all the front end parts with detroit axles, and kyb struts shocks on my 04 mdx.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Question. When the engine is running and the car is parked I can hear the clunky noises as I turn the steering wheel back and forth in quick motion. And when the engine is off there is no noises and the steering wheel felt very solid. What is the problem here? Bad steering rack, bad INNER tie rods? I replaced the outer tie rods and they are still fine.

I'm gonna guess the same thing I'm experiencing with my "new" 07 MDX and that is the suspension problem part of them, im just now reading about it but there are a couple threads on here for it but basically I think you have to convert to the previous model suspension to avoid spending 5k to get it fixed for like 5-700 if i remember correctly, I think this is the right thread
I hope this helps!!

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I'm gonna guess the same thing I'm experiencing with my "new" 07 MDX and that is the suspension problem part of them, im just now reading about it but there are a couple threads on here for it but basically I think you have to convert to the previous model suspension to avoid spending 5k to get it fixed for like 5-700 if i remember correctly, I think this is the right thread
I hope this helps!!
Haven’t done the conversion yet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts