Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a new 03 Acura MDX Touring with Navigation system and DVD player...

Does anyone know of a way to show the movies from the DVD player on the Navigation system screen?

I know that it is a no no but the passenger, my wife, is tired of listening to movies and would really like to see them...

Don't tell her to sit in the back the kids won't let her..

Thanks in advance for any asistance...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Possible Solution

Sam from [email protected] says he needs confirmation that the pin connector in the '03 MDX NAV is same as '02 TL/CL. Excerpt from his email to me:

Hi Steven,
>We will not sell the system until we can confirm that plug&play connector work in your model year.The dealer/manufacture will not disclose this information. Is there anyway you can take a picture or look behind your navigation system (Not the display unit), and email us about the connectors information. What we need is :
>1. How many connectors?
>2. How many pins/wire in each connectors and the color of the wires in each connector? As soon as we have this information we can tell you whether you can use our current connector setup or we have to make a few changer to our connector so it'll be plug&play. This system will work in all Honda/Acura Nav system, it's just a matter of reconfiguring the pins to fit certain cars.

I haven't had a chance to look at our '03 since I'm out of town but if someone can do it and let him know that would be great.

·
Registered
235 Posts
we are getting closer

it seems we are getting closer to finding a way to enjoy our MDXs w/Nav even more.

great job guys!!!

i am anxious to do this myself when all the info is in.

good luck,
chris

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
GEX-p7000TV

I'm working on an affortable navi conversion that inlcudes tv reception and video/audio input without any static. All that is needed is a gex-p7000tv and a couple cheap radio shack components. Total cost will be under $200

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
[email protected],

I'm not going to be selling this unit, I'm just doing it for myself following the instructions posted on the acura-TL forum. Your unit is the best production unit out there because it is a snap to install.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
[email protected],

Is there any difference between the TL and MDX navigation units other then the size of the screen? My goal is to have a setup very similar to that of Songoku's. Thanks

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
TSliva4,

[email protected] did my conversion. His new unit is similar to the AVC-RGB1 (now discontinued) used on mine.

You can click on the "Video Install" link on my signature for reference.

It's definitely a great thing to be able to view video on the Navi;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts