Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Service Bulletin for this problem

Now this annoying problem seems to be quite widespread among many MDXs. This should be an agenda in the Service Bulletin for MDX dealers.

If Acura or Honda Motor Co. is reading this website, they should be responsive to this matter.

Ticking from glovebox

I have heard the same ticking noise coming from the glovebox area on my MDX. The noise started when the weather became cold this month. After the car warms up or I open the glovebox, the noise goes away.

I took the MDX into the dealer today. They said this was the first they had heard of this problem, but were able to fix it. The service manager said they re-aligned the glove box slightly in order to stop the rattling (I suspect the noise was the plastic glovebox brace rattling against the side of the box). So far so good.

Rattle

Count me in for having the same problem. A ticking noise in front of the passenger seat. It only happens on cold mornings and stops when the car warms up.

I thought the dealer had repaired the ticking a couple weeks back, but after a couple days and some cold weather, the ticking is back.

I think I may have found a quick remedy, until I have time to get it into the dealer again.

I took about 5 - 6 1" long pieces of electricians tape and stacked them together to get about a 1/16" thick piece (weatherstripping would work as well). I then stuck this on the right inside edge of the glove box. The ticking has gone away.

It's important that when the glove box is closed, that the tape comes in contact with the plastic extension piece on the right hand side (used to prevent the glove box from pulling all the way out).

This set-up either prevents the plastic bracket from hitting the inside of the glove box or adds enough tension to it that it doesn't move around and create the ticking sound.

Anyway, it's a very quick fix and seems to work (after 1 week anyway).

This is why I like this site so much. Nice to know I am not just hearing things. :)

Heard this ticking for the first time a couple of days ago when the weather turned cold. The first time of the year it has gotten below 30 degrees.

Same symptoms noted by most - ticking from passenger glove box - goes away once cars warms up.

I may try some of the patches but the weather likely will not get cold enough to test if it worked or not for awhile (if at all for this winter).

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.