Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! ;)

I'm new here and trying to find information on the "thud" noise. I just got my MDX 6 days ago (YEA!) and have noticed a "thud" sound when I make quick left hand turns. :( Any ideas? I saw people report this too but couldn't find a resolution. I haven't brought it to the dealer yet because I just started noticing it Weds. night. I hope some of you may have an answer to this. So far there is nothing else to report. I love my new MDX and even got to drive it in the snow yesterday and very pleased with the performance. I had a '99 Honda CR-V before this...it was totaled a few weeks ago...sad! :( Please respond if you can.

Thank you,

MDXRULES :D

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Where is the "thud" noise coming from, exactly? And what does it sound like (e.g. metal-on-metal, plastic click, muted thud, etc)?

The "original thud" was addressed midyear last year for 01s and there haven't been reports of anything widespread for 02s, thuds or otherwise.

You can check for info and the TSB on the original thud in the Problems>>TSB forum. Be sure and select "all dates" from the dropdown box or it won't show up.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
THUD NOISE

I THOUGHT I HAD THE THUD ON MY 2002, SO I HAD THEM RETORQUE THE LOWER CONTROL ARMS. BUT AFTER STILL DRIVING I BELIEVE THEY HAVE FIXED THE THUD TOTALLY AND WHAT I THOUGHT WAS A THUD WAS ACTUALLY THE BREAK PAD SHIFTING BACK AND FORTH. I DECIDED TO LIVE WITH BUT YOU CAN PUT SOME EXTRA HIGH TEMP GELL TO MAKE THE PAD STAY MORE SECURED. CHECK IT BY GOING SLOW FORWARDS AND BACKWARDS AND SEE IF YOU HEAR IT LOUDER. THIS MAKES THE PADS GO BACK AND FORTH AND YOU CAN HEAR IT MUCH BETTER.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts