Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be getting my black 2005 X on the 7th .. and I am already searching for some nice wheels for it

http://www.r2sportwheels.com/nad.html

Just want some feed back on this matter... what do you guys think about the above wheels? I want a black rim with crome lip.

or if there is any other thoughts or pictures .. feel free to share .. thank you

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NICE ... so what size are your wheels? and where did you get your ski rack? are those from factory? and how much are they?

·
Registered
53 Posts
BSA motor sports model 333

Wheels Specification:
Model: 333
Size: 17"x7"
Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3
Offset: +40mm
Finish: Black with Machine Lip
Weight: 20 lbs

I just swapped the rims and kept the stock tires with the TPMS system.

It is a Thule rack I got installed from http://www.racknroad.com/

With all the parts and labor it cost around $500. I already had the locks, attachments, load bar, ... I just needed the custom railing and connectors. FYI... they do drill holes in the roof for the custom railing.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
You have a touring model...so why did you remove the crossbars that came from the factory (that could have accepted a factory designed ski rack) only to drill holes in your roof and install new crossbars? Is there some other attachment that you use?

·
Registered
53 Posts
SuperTech said:
You have a touring model...so why did you remove the crossbars that came from the factory (that could have accepted a factory designed ski rack) only to drill holes in your roof and install new crossbars? Is there some other attachment that you use?
I do have a Touring/Navi model. I have the Thule Ski, Bike and Box from my prior SUV that had Thule. The Thule rack is more versatile in my opinion and I would have had to buy the attachments for my bike and ski racks to fit the OEM Touring racks. With the new cross bars I have the ability to adjust the width based upon the load and use any Thule accessory without having to worry about the fit. I also like the look better than the OEM stock rack.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Re: How about these...?

aarijk said:
Been getting good reviews from other acuramdx-ers...

BSA 264 20s with GY GTIIs

:roadtrip: :trustme:
Nice!! :29:

·
Registered
880 Posts
Re: How about these...?

aarijk said:
Been getting good reviews from other acuramdx-ers...

BSA 264 20s with GY GTIIs

:roadtrip: :trustme:
That's probably the phattest wheel I've seen on a MDX. Really nice! :4:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts