Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
6 sets of skis on that rack. This Season has been terriable but we are making due and foul weather skiing means lots of empty and clear trails (but a lot of slushy parts)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Sweet. Nice shack in the background, too.

I used to ski but switched to snowboarding in 2010 at 42 years old. Never looked back - haven't touched skiis since. I have a Thule cargo box that worked well on my 2006 MDX but I don't have cross bars yet for 2014., so I don't know if it will work.

Had rotator cuff surgery in July and surgeon forbid me from snow sports this winter.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We aren’t spring chickens anymore and with boarding you are either on your butt or wrists so take the time healing. I never was able to take to boarding and I tried several times.

Thanks on the shack - it’s our happy place in the woods.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine will look the same tomorrow. Only thing that sucks is the ski rack is LOUD on the MDX. I have the same rack on my old explorer and it was much quieter.. I guess because of the MDX's roofline, its much louder. I kept the ski rack on my explorer all winter, couldn't stand it after 1 day on the MDX so I take it off and on every time.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine will look the same tomorrow. Only thing that sucks is the ski rack is LOUD on the MDX. I have the same rack on my old explorer and it was much quieter.. I guess because of the MDX's roofline, its much louder. I kept the ski rack on my explorer all winter, couldn't stand it after 1 day on the MDX so I take it off and on every time.
You are right - It is loud - I thought about taking it off / on as needed but my wife mainly drives it and she isn’t comparing so less work for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.