Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2010 almost maybe 2 weeks ago. It was only yesterday that I got curious about the xm sirius button. I tried it and scrolled through different frequencies. That was in the morning on my way to work. In the evening when I got home, I saw an email from from xm sirius.

How did they find out about my email address? And who is that company? How can I get my email address out from their system?

See attached picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you received a free subscription from the dealer, my guess is that they provided it to sirius. Most of those type of emails have an "unsubscribe" button at the bottom of the email. Look for it and unsubscribe. Enjoy your new MDX!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There was another email that i just saw few minutes ago. There is no unsubscribe button. It's just saying to ignore the email and I won't get marketing emails. However, it's saying Welcome to Sirius XM trial. WTF! Are they going to charge me? After the trial period, they might start charging me like the other horror stories I read.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sirius radio is pretty cheap like $10 per month plus how will they charge you anything if you did not give them credit card number??? They cant bill you thru email

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Did the dealer have your email? They may have registered your trial and that's why you're getting the email confirmation. Until you call them with a CC# or actually subscribe, you won't be charged anything.

If you bought a CPO Acura, it comes with a 90 day trial. Also, XM is allowing a free trial for everyone from Aug 26 - Sep 9.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I got lucky and I think the PO got the lifetime subscription to XM. XM has been on eversince I bought my car. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts