Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok NC people....we've had this group for a while now and the board is a bit on the quiet side.

Is there any interest to getting together one day, say lunch in the RTP / Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill area? I'm sure there are a dozen places to go. One suggestion would be to meet at Jamie's dealership in Chapel Hill, rap with him, talk to his service people, etc. then head some place to eat afterwards? I'm volunteering Jamie here but I'm sure he'd be glad to accommodate us.

Thoughts/comments?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Weekend, maybe -- weekdays, unlikely. Like the idea, though.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was initially thinking a weekend (sorry I didn't specify). No way I could do a week day either. Performance is open on Sat so they should be able to accommodate.

Sounds like there is interest so I'll contact Jamie and see what he can do.

·
3,108 Posts
Maybe an evening meet at a Goodberry's, or Hyberian Pub?

·
Registered
549 Posts
zafer said:
Maybe an evening meet at a Goodberry's, or Hyberian Pub?
Zafer, I would hope you're not considering the Hibernian/Goodberry's in Cary. I like the idea but you'll need somewhere with a decent sized parking lot.

·
3,108 Posts
NOOOOO!!!! Not there! The Goodberry's at 540 and Leesville has plenty of space, and there is a closed parking garage near the Hyberian Pub downtown. (it could be the Cary location, but I'll show up in a Corolla then...)

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just received an e-mail from Jamie and he'd love to have us.

Several of you have talked about a couple places, what's a date we want to try and pull this all together? Personally, I prefer a Sat. We could meet in the AM then head out for lunch someplace.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I like the Goodberry's idea; 'tis one of our favorite places (great sandwiches as well as their frozen custard). I'm not familiar with the Leesville Rd. location, but it's a short hop from where I live in North Hills.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Goodberry's is good stuff. Also not familiar with the Leesville Rd location. The dealership in Chapel Hill is fine also.

Someone needs to make the call. Where and when?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Not me; I'm doing a 6-hour air-shift at WCPE [89.7FM] (6pm 'til midnight) this Saturday. But I will stop at Goodberry's on Spring Forest Road around 5:05 to pick up my dinner (sandwich and a Concrete) that I'll eat around 8pm. Next Saturday would be better.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This Sat????

I have to drop off my X for service this Sat (9/6) so I will be there.

How 'bout it?

·
3,108 Posts
Okay, currently we don't have plans for the 6th. (Is this just the guys?)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just don't get the frozen custard thing. I've tried it - it's hmmm, well, something I'd eat if that's the only thing available....... I guess it's a northern thing that I don't understand.....

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So we on for Sat?

As I stated, I have to drop off my X so I'll be there. I hope Jamie gets me a TL Type S for a loaner car, An RL is fine as well.....:4:

I'll be solo on this trip, but if the rest of you want to bring someone with you - go for it. I'll also bring some Trading Spaces pics. I'm looking forward to talking with some of the service people and Jamie as well. And we might as well go for food.

I need to let Jamie know what we're doing so do we have a plan?

·
3,108 Posts
Jamie doesn't have much to do with service, or loaners. You can call your service person and ask to have them reserve what you want, and I'm sure they'll try to accommodate that. They were giving me TL, and I said nahhh, he said RL?, I said nahhh, RSX-S, and they gave me one :4: , was disappointed to how noisy it was, and not BMW type driving noise/engine hummm.

....anyway, I've got to stop by too, a piece that broke off my rear view mirror is in, got a call yesterday. My service guy is working tomorrow. So are we on? What time?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They open @ 8:00am. My goal is to be there about 8:30 or so. I'm coming from a few miles away so I'll be getting an early start. So much for my regular Sat AM tee-time.

I confirmed they are expecting me and have a car reserved until Tuesday. I don't really care if it takes two days to fix things or not. I'm more interested in making sure it's done right the first time (which I'm sure it will be). They said "...all we have right now are TL's and RSX's to give you and you can take your pick". So I'll do just that!

You cool with the time? Also, I want to see your X. I like the blue color.

·
3,108 Posts
AM!? Greg, that's way too early for me. They're open till 5pm. Where are you comming from? Since you're droping it off and leaving it there, how about around noon? Whats wrong with it by the way?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry, Zafer. I need to be early today....My sister-in-law is coming to town to drop off her 4 kids so she can do some marathon or triathlon in the triangle area so I need to get back home. With her 4 kids and my 2 kids, my poor wife will be greatly out-numbered. I guess well try it again another time.

·
3,108 Posts
Sure. I went around 3:30 for the mirror part. They broke the new one too....

Here's another idea. Do you guys like wings? We could arrange a meet at Hooters, probably we'll get more to come too :p

1 - 20 of 27 Posts