Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting this waiting thing down to a science. Here are my ideas (feel free to add on!)...

(1) Strain your neck while driving when you *thought* you saw an 'x' out of the corner of your eye.

(2) Become really good friends with the sales people at Acura (but not too good - you still want to get angry if they start charging you over MSRP).

(3) Learn all about the geography of the 4 closest states to where you live when you call around trying to get an 'x' sooner.

(4) Angst over getting the fender flares and running board or not.

(5) Mark the # of days left on your calendar (but feel shame when anyone actually sees that you are doing this).

(6) Try to explain to spouse just why you are obsessing on a car (but then think to yourself, 'It's not just *any* car!')

(7) Clean out your garage to make room for the 'x'.

(8) Establish an absolutely firm new rule with the kids - no juice boxes or snacks allowed in the new car....never....ever....

(9) Establish an aboslutely firm new rule with the spouse - no sodas or french fries in the new car...never...ever...

(10) Do a web search on anything remotely to do with the 'x' even though it might be a review from 2000.

(11) (this one is true) Have a nightmare one night that my husband bought me a Buick Rendevous instead - and Tiger Woods personally sold it to him (I remember getting really concerned that Tiger was selling cars instead of being at the Masters....:rolleyes: )

(12) Check this website on (at least) a daily basis for any incredible words of wisdom, insight, or just to see what other obsessed 'x' folks are doing! ;)

...That's all I can think of for right now! Any other additions?

·
Registered
570 Posts
hey AZmutt, Great color choice. We're more & more happy w/ the MBM every day. We don't see that many of them here(or other vehicles that color). Hang in there. IT IS WORTH THE WAIT!

13)Stay AWAY from this site. It drives you crazy waiting for your "X" while others are already enjoying!

14)Decide what to get as access. from TIM at hondacuraworld instead of dealer, so u can count the MONEY u saved!:D

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Re-read the 4 copies of sales brochures you got from Acura the four times you visited over and over again. Make sure you have a copy on each floor of your home.

·
Registered
53 Posts
15) Check return change coin slots in payphones and vending machines for loose change...you know, for the down payment.

16) Search "MDX" on ebay hoping that Santa is selling his 2002 X for a special "Buy it Now" price of $25,000.

17) Risk your life weaving in and out of five-lane traffic at 97mph just to pull up along side an MDX and say..."There she is."

18) Ask for the Granite Green mix in the Home Depot paint department.

19) Start a screenplay with the working title "Weeping Mirrors."

20) Did I say, check return change coin slots in payphones and vending machines for loose change? I did, didn't I.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, this makes me feel a lot better! I thought I was the only one doing all of these things. My wife will be happy to know that I'm not going crazy after all :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
...and I was constantly searching the web for awesome pics of the 'X so that I could turn them into 'wallpaper' on my computer.:D :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Another activity

21. Download the owner's manual so you can have it read before the truck gets here.

Kim

·
Registered
27 Posts
Boy oh Boy. Where do I find the owner's manual to download? I will start reading it now!

·
Registered
95 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
DaleB said:
Link does not work for me, does it work for others? Takes me to the owner link all right, but you have to buy the owner's manual. No Adobe download. ??
If you right click on the link (don't click on the link), it will let you save it to disk. I can email it to you but it's a large file. Let me know.

Kim

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Yes, right-clicked and it says the website is not available, try again later. I have signed up on the 'owner-link' site but don't have a VIN yet. But it accepted me as a member.
I don't see anywhere on that site where you can do downloads of manuals, only order them. Are you sure it has not changed? (probably not because you probably tried it again today...)
I have a fast (DSL) connection but I am sure you are talking a big file. Maybe you can upload it if you have some storage location and I could do a download. E-mail could be a hinderance. But in any case, I can chew my fingernails a little longer until I get my car on May 1st. :(

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
yup same here link does not work. Yup "save as target" nope link doesnt work.

·
Registered
95 Posts
now, this morning, it's not working for me but just yesterday, it worked for me at the office. I wonder if they figured out there was a way to download it rather than buy it. Seems absurd since we've already (or are just about to) paid for it with our vehicles.

Kim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts