Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
How many cup holders does it have?
LOL

Guess it depends on how many people are in the car.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
LOL..I thought that would raise some eyebrows...

But no seriously.. I have been thinking about looking into a classic car.

The GT500 that that company is making is one HELL of a car. You have to reallize that a rebuilt GT500 or a prestine GT500 comes with a price tag of $250K.

So $89K is not that bad.

For some reason..I just feel really burnt out on hi-tech cars...I just want to get back to the basic to the good old RAW POWER.

I guess where I live when you pull up to a restaurant...EVERYONE has a BMW, Mercedes, Ferraris, Porsches...I am actually jaded by all of this...So jaded..I dont even go to the auto show anymore...

So...I either want to find an empty GT500 frame and have CHIP FOOSE company built the car or look into something like what this company is doing with the mustangs..building the Eleanor.

So yeah...there is a little sarcasm in there.

·
Registered
165 Posts
KillBill75 said:
Just got my car back from the shop!!!!!!!!!!
It Dynoed at 443HP to the front wheels!!!!!!!!!!!
It's now got a HKS GT Ball bearing turbo 25 psi (intercooled) of boost and it still gets 20 miles per gallon!!!!!!! We reconnected the rear drive shaft and added a LSP Diff to the rear and the thing drifts like a Rally car!!!!!!!! Well worth the $10k. RDX Who????What?? Where????????
I don't want to sound skeptical but 25 pounds of pressure is an incredible amount of pressure for a stock engine to take. Parts will be flying off everywhere. The piston, crankshaft, cam, lifters, transmission, diff , transfer case would all have to be modified to handle the stress.

Turbo charging a vehicle doesn't add 200+ HP to an engine.....more like 50 hp max....
On the SPEED network they have a show where a mechanic boosts Pickup Trucks and they added a Full Size Super Charge Blower to a Diesel Truck because diesel engines come built to withstand the added stress. They had to make a ton of other modifications to the drive train in order to handle the added HP. At the end they got the HP up to 375 HP off the Dyno.

It also null and voids any warranty on the vehicle

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
JerryinTO....
It's been estabalished that "KillBill75" is a liar. He made WAY to many false claims.

Ah......ah.......AH......T R O L L !!!

God bless me!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Re: Re: The Turbo MDX!!!!!

JerryinTO said:

I don't want to sound skeptical but 25 pounds of pressure is an incredible amount of pressure for a stock engine to take. Parts will be flying off everywhere. The piston, crankshaft, cam, lifters, transmission, diff , transfer case would all have to be modified to handle the stress.

Turbo charging a vehicle doesn't add 200+ HP to an engine.....more like 50 hp max....
On the SPEED network they have a show where a mechanic boosts Pickup Trucks and they added a Full Size Super Charge Blower to a Diesel Truck because diesel engines come built to withstand the added stress. They had to make a ton of other modifications to the drive train in order to handle the added HP. At the end they got the HP up to 375 HP off the Dyno.

It also null and voids any warranty on the vehicle
I beg to differ on the aspect of you stating that a Turbo cannot add 200+hp...that is so untrue... I owned a 1994 integra that I actually sold in 2004 that is turbo charged and is approx 700 hp..Turbo charged...this car stock is only 140hp...so this turbo is adding 560hp, yes with the turbo, built motor, tranny, a turbo can dispense as much power as the motor can handle and depending upon the size of the turbo, so on and so forth..

Any modification voids the warranty...thats why you chose your battles with aftermarket accessories and modifications..

·
Registered
880 Posts
Agree with Kelli. Look into the formula I wrote down that calculates the horsepower based on the lbs per inch pressure that the turbocharger exerts.

Now let me clear Fireblade6's delusions about GT500's price. Ford is expected to sell the 2006 GT500 for just under $40,000 -- about $15,000 more than the starting price of a base-level, V-8-powered Mustang. Ford plans to build about 7,000 GT500s a year at its plant in Flat Rock. The $250k is way off. Now, were you thinking about the defective Ford GT? Of course, you get what you pay for - so if you have $40k to spend go for the "legend". Want to spend more and get really exotic cars? Find a Skyline GTR34 Z-Type if you can afford it. Its super difficult to find in a sale, much less even imagine the price. Or wait for the new V10 NSX if you want something normally aspirated. Even the new 2006 M3 will beat the color out of the so called Shelby legend.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
anjan said:
Now let me clear Fireblade6's delusions about GT500's price. Ford is expected to sell the 2006 GT500 for just under $40,000 -- about $15,000 more than the starting price of a base-level, V-8-powered Mustang. Ford plans to build about 7,000 GT500s a year at its plant in Flat Rock. The $250k is way off.

Even the new 2006 M3 will beat the color out of the so called Shelby legend.
There's no delusion. And you're off on all your model years. The GT500 being referred to in this case would be the original one. Not the upcoming 2007 model SVT Shelby GT500. An original GT500 in good condition would have no problems fetching a quarter million. Hell, even a GT350 can still easily fetch six figures.

The the 2006 BMW 3-series is all new. Four door only right now. The coupe version with no doubt an M3 to follow won't be out till the 2007 model year.

·
Registered
880 Posts
SuperTech said:

There's no delusion. And you're off on all your model years. The GT500 being referred to in this case would be the original one. Not the upcoming 2007 model SVT Shelby GT500. An original GT500 in good condition would have no problems fetching a quarter million. Hell, even a GT350 can still easily fetch six figures.

The the 2006 BMW 3-series is all new. Four door only right now. The coupe version with no doubt an M3 to follow won't be out till the 2007 model year.
The Shelby GT500 is a 2006 model, not 2007. Now people might WANT to pay $250k but doesn't make it worth that much. For example, eBay has two 68 Shelby GT500s listed for $120,300. Honestly, only a daft would pay a quarter mil for a Mustang. I can buy a Ferrari 612 Scaglietti for that kind of cash.

The new E90 M3 with the V8 engine from the GTR model is also come out as a 2006 model. And please don't say "3 Series" in the same sentence as M3. Its not even remotely the same car :D

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
One thing for sure you're incorrect about is that the Ford will be a 2007 model that will be released early. Dealers can order around the beginng of 2006, and customers should take delivery around mid year And $250k can happen for the right GT500. Take a look at this or this list if you have a doubt. And those sold a year ago. I know someone who just sold a '66 Cobra for $300k. I know what you're probably saying...who in their right mind would pay that? Someone who knows that if you bought a brand new Bentley, Maybach, Ferrari, or whatever for that kind of money...the value will do nothing but go down over the next 25 years vs. a classic like a GT500 that will do nothing but go up.

Now I'm doubting myself about the BMW. You may be rightI forgot that the new 2 door will now be the M4 and not the M3 anymore. But just because they're testing the four door doesn't mean it'll be ready as a 2006 model though. They could do the same thing Ford is and release in mid 2006 as a 2007 model. Right now, there is still a 2006 M3...but as the E46 platform.

·
Registered
880 Posts
SuperTech said:
Someone who knows that if you bought a brand new Bentley, Maybach, Ferrari, or whatever for that kind of money...the value will do nothing but go down over the next 25 years vs. a classic like a GT500 that will do nothing but go up.
You make sense except for that part. It all depends on a car. Compare the price of a F1 McLaren. If you get it for around $2 million, you'd be lucky. I think the last one sold was for $1.7 million. Similarly, you'd be deluded if you think the Mercedes McLaren SLK is not a collector's item and that the price will go down. Similary, go to dupontregistry.com and you will find numerous Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, McLaren, Mercedes etc etc that are selling for way above their list price. Actually include Nissan in that list also. Nismo's Skyline GTR 34 Z-tune are priceless, literally, with only 20 made in 2005.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Well of course, not all megabuck cars will depreciate. And their stratospheric markups already reflect their collectivity. That's why a SLR McLaren sells for a few hundred grand over its sticker. Or a $650k Enzo sells for $1.5M. But a Lamborghini Murceliago, Bentley Azure, or Ferrari 575 will be worth hundreds of thousands less after 10 years. Today...even a middle class worker could live out their Miami Vice fantasy and buy a used Ferrari Testarossa. And then we have the anomoly called the Ford GT. Windows for $140-150k, but is marked up to $250k. To be honest. It's not worth it. Not because it's a Ford. It's not worth paying over sticker because it willl in fact devalue as soon as it leaves the lot. It will be collectible, but not for a while.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got my car back from the shop!!!!!!!!!!
It Dynoed at 443HP to the front wheels!!!!!!!!!!!
It's now got a HKS GT Ball bearing turbo 25 psi (intercooled) of boost and it still gets 20 miles per gallon!!!!!!! We reconnected the rear drive shaft and added a LSP Diff to the rear and the thing drifts like a Rally car!!!!!!!! Well worth the $10k. RDX Who????What?? Where????????
where did you get your headers from?

81 - 94 of 94 Posts