Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
anjan said:
Wowee!! That's a sweeeet ride, Ron. Are you nuts? Why are you selling it?? :confused: What are the specs on it?
:D .. yeah I love that car... I just don't get to enjoy it enough and now that I have a family it is just not a priority in my life. I loved killing bikes with it, as I can imagine the look on the bikers face as my car pulls on them and leaves them behind. :p

Turbo is a 76gts.... never dynod on high boost; however, it should be about 1000 crank horse power.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
880 Posts
highcountrymdx said:
Yea, it'll whip that Cayenne Turbo, all right.... for maybe 10 feet. Then a July 4th display!
It'll beat Cayenne for 10 miles. I'm talking about a 14.7lbs of thrust. That's a reasonable amount of boost to handle if installed correctly.

And despite some concerns here, the transmission will hold just fine. The requirements for a "racing transmission" are different than a truck transmission. And Honda's transmissions are always performance oriented - more than any other manufacturer. When Popular Mechanics built a 400hp Civic, it was surprised that the stock transmission was enough to handle enough hp to give a 911 Turbo S a run for its money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
880 Posts
Ronsully said:


:D .. yeah I love that car... I just don't get to enjoy it enough and now that I have a family it is just not a priority in my life. I loved killing bikes with it, as I can imagine the look on the bikers face as my car pulls on them and leaves them behind. :p

Turbo is a 76gts.... never dynod on high boost; however, it should be about 1000 crank horse power.
Do I dare ask how much you are listing it at? :D I'd love to buy but I know how that goes with a family...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
anjan said:

Do I dare ask how much you are listing it at? :D I'd love to buy but I know how that goes with a family...
I listed it at the fair price of 38k... I have a deposit that is in the mail for 36k.... It will be sad to see her go, but I will move on to new things (thinking of the caddy CTS-V). :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
I read this thread and hoped that this guy was for real with the turbo, until I saw 25psi...Well it is a good thought, just needs to be executed..

That is my plan once I hit 100k, (4k away) There is actually a honda civic drag racing now that is running the MDX engine, now for transmissions I am trying to confrim which one they are using. Since it runs in the pro 4 cylinder class with NDRA I am going to assume that it is Turbo charged, I will let you in on the details and hopefully a link once I find out...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Well the turbo civic I was speaking of in my last post is rear wheel drive, and has a g-force racing transmission...using MDX block and head...

If the turbo MDX is real I would like to see the Dyno sheet on it. I am really interested in starting this project. It would have to be pieced together the only missing link or quesionable part of the motor is the good ole transmission....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
kelli said:
Well the turbo civic I was speaking of in my last post is rear wheel drive, and has a g-force racing transmission...using MDX block and head...

If the turbo MDX is real I would like to see the Dyno sheet on it. I am really interested in starting this project. It would have to be pieced together the only missing link or quesionable part of the motor is the good ole transmission....
I am assuming the MDX motor is a high compression engine... Therefore, boosting it may not be the best option.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
You can change the compression of the motor to make it low compression to better suit the turbo....i.e valves, pistons, rods etc...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,431 Posts
I can't believe people buy this crap! The seller has a 60 ebay rating....so there are plenty of dummies out there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,321 Posts
eurohazard said:
I there are plenty of dummies out there.
Huge numbers of morons....

How about a digital turbo- just attach it to you speakers and to the enigne and it makes it sound like a turbo but JUST INSIDE YOUR CAR!!

Now THATS a product!

Hey, this is off topic, but has anyone noticed those sales that are designed jsut to collect + feedback- every once in a while there is a scam ebay sale and if you look there is 40-60 postives, maybe 5 or 10 from 2-3 years ago, then a bunch of recent ones- all one cent to 50 cent sales for items that require no shipping- these buyers and sellers set up scam deals to pump up + feedback, often times on hijacked accounts- if you are not paying attention, you will find yourself buying a non- existant digital camera, etc...

ebay suc ks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,329 Posts
GT500

Since...I have not been happy with my RL and I felt like I was to burried with technology as an automobile owner...I was back to the basic...I want something that I can pull up to any restaurant, theatre, coffee shop or ANYWHERE including VEGAS...where I feel....UNIQUE..I just want raw power..I just want a classic..I just want something that is going to make me feel......all warm and fuzzy inside...

So..I found it...I want to put a downpayment to for this company to build my dream CAR...what do you guys think.

http://www.eleanormustangs.com/catalog.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,431 Posts
It looks awesome, and looks fun. But you need to ask yourself.....Do you want to spend $90K on a Ford Mustang?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,218 Posts
eurohazard said:
It looks awesome, and looks fun. But you need to ask yourself.....Do you want to spend $90K on a Ford Mustang?
You're going to buy a car named Eleanor? Well, maybe she can do things for you that ...

Unique and recognizable? Save your money and buy a used NSX.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,965 Posts
Re: GT500

Fireblade6 said:
Since...I have not been happy with my RL and I felt like I was to burried with technology as an automobile owner...I was back to the basic...I want something that I can pull up to any restaurant, theatre, coffee shop or ANYWHERE including VEGAS...where I feel....UNIQUE..I just want raw power..I just want a classic..I just want something that is going to make me feel......all warm and fuzzy inside...

So..I found it...I want to put a downpayment to for this company to build my dream CAR...what do you guys think.

http://www.eleanormustangs.com/catalog.html
That's sarcasm, right????????????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
You're going to buy a car named Eleanor? Well, maybe she can do things for you that ...
Evidently you have never seen "Gone in 60 Seconds"......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,218 Posts
cvyluv said:


Evidently you have never seen "Gone in 60 Seconds"......
Which one, the movie that is 31 years old, or the 5-year old remake of the original movie when it was 26 years old?

Sure, it's a significant vehicle and has some cultish cinematic significance. But $90 thousand for a Mustang named Eleanor ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
Which one, the movie that is 31 years old, or the 5-year old remake of the original movie when it was 26 years old?
Nice research!! :D :D :D
 
61 - 80 of 94 Posts
Top