Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After sharing a wonderful evening in the MDX with my significant other, I have the following concerns/recommendations:

1) Whilst having my REAL shift-knob serviced during transit, I found that there are several challenges. First, while I enjoy the luxury of a larger arm-rest, she found it to be a bit of an obstacle in performing her duties. I recommend that the arm-rest be shortened so as not to take up the primary lane of interaction. Secondly, I found myself revving my engine when it was kicked into neutral by her ribs. I recommend that there be a locking device or make it harder to shift out of drive. Or move the shift knob (the car's) farther forward.

2) When the portfolio of services she offered expanded, I found that I could no longer focus on the driving at hand and needed to find a quiet place to pull over. I would recommend some sort of auto-pilot capabilities be added to the driving experience. I'm sure that some interaction with the GPS system could easily make this possible.

When we found a quaint location for complete enjoyment of eachother, she found a few additional challenges in the driver's seat. I for one, found that the speed of the power seats moving into a reclined position was way too slow and would recommend some sort of quick-release mechanism for easier access.

I think I should stop here for a moment and complement the amount of allotted space between the driver's seat and the steering wheel. We had plenty of room to express her enjoyment.

The next morning, finding several minor bruises on her legs led us to make some additional recommendations. This would include a more padded and roomy area between the seat and door as well as the seat and center console. I'm certain that making the center console slightly narrower or retractable would provide the space, while adding a leather padding to the floor (this could be an add-on option from the dealer) would remedy this situation.

Hopefully you have all had the opportunity to experience things in your MDX's as well. I would be interested to know the convenience as well as challenges you've experienced. I think is great feedback for the engineers who have designed a nearly perfect piece of machinery.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Just thought I'd thank you for the laughter before this one [potentially] gets deleted. Thanks for the story. Now we know where you've been, since we haven't heard from you in awhile.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Re: Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lmeans said:
You must not be married :p
lmeans :eek:
I was gonna say that, but was afraid I might get in trouble if the wife is surfing my bookmarks. :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
You notice he didn't say wife. Married people don't have relations. Alas, the words of experience... ;)

Ok, I do have a six month old so I guess it's a lie! Do you think Acura will do something like VW did and give Savings Bonds to babies concieved in MDX's? LOL!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Re: Re: Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheWorm said:
I was gonna say that, but was afraid I might get in trouble if the wife is surfing my bookmarks. :) [/B]
Worm...

Using terms like "the wife" will keep you out of the driver's seat!! Looks like "mytonka" found a new meaning for "Roadside Assistance"! :D:D

·
Registered
387 Posts
Not married? What's that got to do with it? (Thank Gawd I married an "active" woman). Way to go MYTONKA!

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
You made my morning....LOL!

But there may be a practicality to this. Did you:

a.) experience "the thud" prior to this event
b.) experience "the thud" after this event

If you find that there may be a corrective benefit to this, please let all of us know. If this is the case, then one of two things will happen, either there will be smiles on a lot of MDX owners' faces :D , or maybe we can get Acura involved to create a bulletin in which John Bruno could fly to all of the dealers in the US and Canada, and correct the problem by attempting to write a deal with a customer in your MDX. Same effect!

The only drawback to the first solution is that you would end up going from "thud" concerns to a much more frequent instance of worn leather seat bolsters!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Gives a whole new meaning to "enjoy the ride"!!!!! ;)

·
Registered
221 Posts
SUV at its best

Now that is a true 'Sport Utility Vehicle' We may have to change the name to Recreational Vehicle.

Go MyTonka. Good idea for the weekend.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mission accomplished

Well, it looks as though I have accomplished my goal. I wanted to provide some light-hearted entertainment to my fellow MDX owners.

I do agree that in order to keep people interested in posting to this sight, we should all use a little humor (ok, I realize I took it to the extreme) in order to keep the enjoyment going!

Hopefully I did not offend anyone, and hopefully, some of the engineers are watching! I would love to get a response to this thread from the Acura designers.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Whew, Its Getting Warm In Here ...

Contemplating whether or not to say:
tsk tsk tsk or pant pant pant

Getting back to the topic at hand, I see we haven't thoroughly compared the MDX to our old Expedition yet;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
There was a time that I read these posts for information, now I find myself looking in because of the entertainment value.
Great post -mytonka.
I showed your post to my wife. She said she would road test it down to the Ritz Carlton where it would be a little more comfortable.
You might want to show your post to Acura for future ads. Could be a real incentive for buyers when sales begin to slip.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
(per member request - deleted by Acura4Life)

How about photos for the gallery!!!!!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
About this Discussion
79 Replies
52 Participants
BlueStreak
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing