Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes,
It's been 2 short years since the Tootsie Roll was unwrapped and let loose on the roads. Doesn't seem that long ago but it was. My X has a little over 26K miles on it and after the intial fixes of thud, weeping mirrors, seat rail and a trim piece, nothing has gone wrong in the past 1.5 years. No new squeaks or rattles, and most important it is still the same joy to drive as it was the first day I got it, only the new car smell is gone. Highs in the past 2 years have been the drive train, HVAC system, interior room and brakes; the lows the cheap leather on the seats and driver's side blind spot. Still have no regrets about buying it and haven't seen anything yet I would want to own more. Also being Mahogany, it's now a classic!:D :D

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR X . . .

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Hoooray!!, now the question is how many ding you got in them doors.:2:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Happy Birthday~~~~

My salesperson sent a Birthday Car for my MDX few weeks back. (I picked up my X on 03/01/2002) The card told me to treat my car nicely. :p I should scan it and post it here!! :D

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Happy Birthday Tootsie. Your owner does not have a wandering eye for anything else.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Congrats. . .

·
Registered
229 Posts
Did my invitation to the party get lost in the mail?
A little far to drive, but I am sure some of us would have made it! :2: :2:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Warzau said:
Hoooray!!, now the question is how many ding you got in them doors.:2:
yup, i'm curious too.
especially how do you deal with shopping mall parking lots?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
remery, congrats......and a very happy 2nd birthday to...

remery said:
Yes,
It's been 2 short years since the Tootsie Roll was unwrapped and let loose on the roads. Doesn't seem that long ago but it was. My X has a little over 26K miles on it and after the intial fixes of thud, weeping mirrors, seat rail and a trim piece, nothing has gone wrong in the past 1.5 years. No new squeaks or rattles, and most important it is still the same joy to drive as it was the first day I got it, only the new car smell is gone. Highs in the past 2 years have been the drive train, HVAC system, interior room and brakes; the lows the cheap leather on the seats and driver's side blind spot. Still have no regrets about buying it and haven't seen anything yet I would want to own more. Also being Mahogany, it's now a classic!:D :D
....to your tutzroll :D ! .......I'm looking foward to being as happy with mine after 2 years, as you are with yours!!. Unfortunately I'm clocking miles at lightning speed. Got mine Dec 8th .....and now 3 and a half months later it already has 7122 miles on it! :( .....oh well, might as well cherish that new car smell while it lasts ;) !

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Hey we're almost twins ...

... we brought our DMP home on 3/20/01. Sweet:1:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
A toast from ghost

Hey Remery, happy (belated) BD to one of the sharpest X's in Chi-town! Glad to see you're still cruising - but only 26K? You have to get that baby out of traffic & out onto the open road!

Enjoy!
Ghost

:7:

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Hey we're almost twins ...

msu79gt82 said:
... we brought our DMP home on 3/20/01. Sweet:1:
Hey maybe we ought to run a DNA (paint chip;) )test to see if they are siblings! Date of conception for mine was 2/28/01!:D

Hey ghost,
I could put some extra miles on my X by maybe driving up to Duluth to see your state bird -- the mosquito!!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
No 'skeeters here - we're having a snow day! Biggest snow we've had since October (figures, it's almost April...).

Woo-hoo! :2:

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ghost said:
No 'skeeters here - we're having a snow day! Biggest snow we've had since October (figures, it's almost April...).
Woo-hoo! :2:
I know, I was in Minneapolis yesterday when it began snowing about 3 PM and was delayed flying out by 1.5 hours due to deicing! We may see some of that white stuff tomorrow here in Chicago unfortunately!:mad:

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hey Vic,

No hard feelings man. After all, you live in California, a land where people spend ONE THIRD of their lives in their cars. :eek: :eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts