Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be taking delivery on an X,tour with navi and some exterior accessories very soon. As I sit down with the dealer rep. what can I anticiapate as far a extra's that most dealer's want to sale the customer.
I assume that the warrenty is not extra and any extended warrenty will be. Is it necesary to purchase this at the time of sale? Then comes the protection package...... and as all this adds up, I will need to increase the amount of my check. This should all be avoided if the vehicle warrenty is any good at all, right?
Bottom line question, what are they wanting to sell in addition?

·
Registered
11,138 Posts
JohnR welcome to the board! Skip any protection offerings, they are a rip-off and just make the dealer wallets fatter. As far as the extended warranty goes, I don't think you have to take it when you pick up your car, you can always buy it later. If you want accessories, order them from Tim at http://www.hondacuraworld.com/ he has great service and prices.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
The only accessory you might want to consider getting added on is the roof rack.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi JohnR:

___Since you already know about Tim’s great MDX accessory place, have you also downloaded the install instructions for any of the accessories you may be considering? After a review, you may indeed decide to tackle a few yourself with possibly just a Tow Package left to the dealer once you see what is involved. And the Roof Rack does indeed come with the Touring on up.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
391 Posts
I had the dealer install the body side moldings and side steps, everything else I bought from Tim at www.hondacuraworld.com. I didn't want the hassle of trying to get the body side moldings straight, and they gave me a deal on the side steps.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Jon said:
get the OEM floor mats/cargo tray!!!! they are a must.
Floor mats are not standard with the car???

·
Registered
11,138 Posts
OEM floor mats are standard, I think he meant to say the OEM All Season Floormats.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts