Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new season is upon us in the quest for Lord Stanley's Cup.

·
Registered
108 Posts
It's Autumn

It's Autumn and my leafs are falling as usual :3:

Despite all their changes:)30: for you Cujo) I think they will still be legitimate contenders.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Hey, I love this time of year

mdxpursuit said:
Despite all their changes:)30: for you Cujo) I think they will still be legitimate contenders.
Sour grapes, huh. Tough to hold a grudge on a guy that was great in the community and takes less money to give himself a great shot at winning the Cup late in his career.:(

Anyway, we are glad to have Cujo and look forward to the chance at another one of these...;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Ahhhh... My kind of thread. Being born and raised in Winnipeg,Manitoba,Canada(Still pissed about losing the Jets:mad: ) I guess one could say that the hockey is in the blood. I am now down in Atlanta. What the f^&*%(sorry for the language) were they thinking when they put together the Thrashers???? I LOVE the arena. Awesome venue but of the 7 games that I have been to in the last 2 seasons they haven't won. I think they are winnless this year.

NOTE TO ATLANTA THRASHERS OWNER: SPEND MONEY ON QUALITY PLAYERS OR ATLANTA WILL BE THE QUICKEST FRANCHISE IN NHL HISTORY TO MOVE.

People here don't even have a clue about hockey(Except all the people from Michigan??) They will not adopt a losing team here. Okay I am done now. If anyone ever wanted to know who I am I will be the guy yelling "HERE WE GO FALCONS" at the next Thrashers home game.

P.S. HOCKEY RULES!!!!

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
It happened in the 1980's.

The Atlanta Flames became the Calgary Flames.

Maybe in a few years the Atlanta Thrashers can become the Winnipeg Thrashers.

:26:

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I actually do remember the Atlanta Flames changing over to Calgary. Turns out a little restaurant a couple miles from here is(was)owned by Willie Plett. I actually recognized him from a hockey card from like 1980. As far that Winnipeg Thrashers. That would mean that I would have to move back to Winnipeg. (uhhh no)I do wish that the city could get back a team. I know they would embrace it like no other fans.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Re: Hey, I love this time of year

A2MDXer said:

Sour grapes, huh. Tough to hold a grudge on a guy that was great in the community and takes less money to give himself a great shot at winning the Cup late in his career.:(

Anyway, we are glad to have Cujo and look forward to the chance at another one of these...;)

Agree whole heartedly. If I'm not mistaken though those Leafs didn't want to pony up. I don't think CUJO was asking mcuh more than what he got.

Interesting start for the Wings sans Stevie.

I get to go to the Dallas game on Sunday- Can't wait, hope we see CUJO, but Manny may play due to a back to back. Manny's playing well these days anyway, but would like to see CUJO first hand.

GO WINGS!!!!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Holy crap the Thrashers Won!!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Boston Bruins are off to their best start in years. Early season test comming up later this week in Detroit, may give us a clue as to whether they are for real. Games have been very exciting thus far...two games have been won with goals in the last minute of regulation, including one with less than one second left!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Y'all just better watch out for the Stars this year!!! We're back!!

I think we made some very smart moves this summer....and are a force to be reckoned with!!!:4: :whip:

Conference finals, HERE WE COME!!
(Colorado and Detroit, you are going down!!):cool:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Re: Re: Hey, I love this time of year

Redwing said:
Agree whole heartedly. If I'm not mistaken though those Leafs didn't want to pony up. I don't think CUJO was asking mcuh more than what he got.

GO WINGS!!!!
I think it went like this... Leafs lowballed or didn't make a big-time offer early on then as season came to an end Cujo decided to test the market/explore options. Detroit offered $8 mil while Leafs and maybe Rangers offered $9 mil at that point. Cujo chose Wings at $8 mil over Leafs at $9 mil (boy, that's some big cash!) but never said anything terrible about the Leafs. Similar to Hasek who took about $1 mil less to play for the Wings. By all accounts, Cujo is a great guy.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
DavidM said:
Y'all just better watch out for the Stars this year!!! We're back!!

I think we made some very smart moves this summer....and are a force to be reckoned with!!!:4: :whip:

Conference finals, HERE WE COME!!
(Colorado and Detroit, you are going down!!):cool:
I hear you. At the end of the summer I though the Stars would the most improved in the offseason. They will be tough, no doubt. Wings, Stars, Avs, Sharks, Blues - Wow, western conference is really loaded! It really puts a premium on winning the division to be one of the top 3 seeds and avoid a brutal 1st round matchup. That's why I am very concerned about the Blues' fast start.

·
Registered
149 Posts
You bet!!

The Blues are kickin' butt!! (They've actually got me a bit worried!):eek:

The Stars play tonight in Montreal, after a tough loss in New York the other day. We outshot them 44-25, only to come up short in a 3-2 loss. Heartbreaking, for sure.

The game tonight should be a memorable one.

STARGAZING

Stars center Mike Modano, who had two assists Sunday, now has 997 career points and needs just three to become the fifth American player to reach 1,000 points.

Turgeon is also closing in on a milestone as he enters the game with 1,199 points, leaving him one shy of the 1,200 point mark.

Stars captain Derian Hatcher played in his 761st game as a Star Sunday, moving him into third on the franchise's all-time games played list behind Neal Broten and Mike Modano.

Tippett's record through 16 games (8-4-3-1, 20 points) is the best for any coach in franchise history through his first 16 games

Y'all watch this one, 'cause I have a good feeling that we are gonna kick some Canadian Bacon!!!!:7:

On another note:

Does anyone here believe that the "NHL.COM POWER INDEX" is accurate?? :confused:
Any thoughts?? (They have the Stars ranked as #3...by the way)

·
Registered
149 Posts
He did it.....!!!

Pierre Turgeon made his 1200th assist!!!

(And the Stars won 4-2!!!)

if you happened to miss it, we got 3 goals on the first 9 shots of the game.....only took about 10 minutes!!

Then we allowed Canadiens to get back into the game, and finally made an empty netter to seal the win....

:cool:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yeah, you're right!!:D

What I was trying to get across was that we are off to our best start in franchise history.....

.....LORD STANLEY SHALL RESIDE IN D/FW SOON.........!!!!!:2:

(I hope!):p

·
Registered
39 Posts
DavidM

As a fellow Dallas resident, I agree that the Stars are going to be a force to reckon with. Also, I am a native of upstate New York and we are always keeping an eye out for other guys to play hockey with us. Are you a hockey player yourself or do you just enjoy the game?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I originally grew up in Maryland.....and played lots of hockey as a kid.

I haven't played in over 20 years.....but still love the game.
I appreciate the offer, but will have to pass!
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
DavidM said:
Yeah, you're right!!:D

What I was trying to get across was that we are off to our best start in franchise history.....

.....LORD STANLEY SHALL RESIDE IN D/FW SOON.........!!!!!:2:
(I hope!):p
Well, it's a long season and there is great competition in the West (trying to make the Cup finals is the hard part). Your Cup hopes may come down to Turco's play. Typically, not good to have a young goalie. However, Turco has been in some big games in his life as he captured two NCAA hockey titles for the great University of Michigan (the arena is less than 2 miles from me - been to three games this year already) and, I believe is the all-time leader for NCAA wins. So he may be a big-game performer. I believe the Cup winner will be either Colorado, SanJose, Dallas or the Wings.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts