Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nissan

MY GOD!!! Nissan have hired a group of designers with creativity, with flair, with finesse and with vision...Like...THE ITALIANS!

First the 350Z now the MURANO...:eek: :eek:

Holy Snhitzer...This is so impressive...I may be a Traitor...:D

Kidding...But..I do love the Murano...WOW!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Great times are coming for SUV/crossover shoppers. I have a lot of time on my hands (retired) so I do quite a bit of test driving and I've driven the Murano four times now. It's a great vehicle and a lot of fun to drive, the price is right, and I think it looks good. The dealer nearest me sold twelve in less than a week, apparently there's no shortage of vehicles.

The only negative I can muster is that I thought it didn't drive like it had 245 hp, I thought it lacked acceleration at both low and high speed but others have commented that it has plenty of power. I was also dissapointed in the power and turbo lag in the XC90 so maybe I'm just expecting too much.

I'm set on buying an MDX and currently own two Acuras but I'm always looking......lets see there's the FX35/45 coming, then the Pacifica.......

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Not my cup of tea

·
Registered
499 Posts
Nice station wagon, butt ugly color!

This should be a very popular vehicle and also very reliable like all of Nissan's vehicles.:1:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hang on people. I have my 03 X coming in January and now you guys are giving me second thoughts. Then I realised the BIG shortcoming of the Murano. NO third row seating. Ha, long live the X.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Murano Vs MDX

In Canada, you get a fully equipped Murano at $Can. 47,500. With Nav, the price goes up to 51,000, more expensive than the MDX which is around 50,700. Also, it is not long to get a Murano: 2 week of waiting.

All the analysts agree on the same point: The Murano is amazing (beautiful), but EXPENSIVE.

To me, the decision to take between these 2 vehicules will not be difficult at all.
:1:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Mike, the price of 50,700 for the X here in Canada does not include the Nav system. It would add another 2400 (approx) if you went with the Nav.

·
Registered
50 Posts
SuperKal said:
Hang on people. I have my 03 X coming in January and now you guys are giving me second thoughts. Then I realised the BIG shortcoming of the Murano. NO third row seating. Ha, long live the X.
Unless you have small (and I mean small!) children the 3rd row seating isn't really practical. My 7 year old son fits nicely, but my 11 year old and his buds are a tight fit. By the time I get it paid off none of them will be able to fit back there. Mostly, it's a lack of leg/foot room issue.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
SuperKal said:
Mike, the price of 50,700 for the X here in Canada does not include the Nav system. It would add another 2400 (approx) if you went with the Nav.
Since there are no NAV in Canada. If I want a NAV I will buy a aftermarket one. Talk about NAV, can a NAV replace the trip computer (factory NAV system)????

·
Registered
587 Posts
Believe it or not I'm waiting for the 04s so I can get a NAV in an Acura in Canada. Wake up Honda!! It's tempting not to go for something like a Murano or some of the others coming out but I'll try and wait. NAV is an expensive toy but we travel a few months of the year in the US and I think it's worth it.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I can't for the life of me figure out......

2002 Acura MDX! said:

Since there are no NAV in Canada. If I want a NAV I will buy a aftermarket one. Talk about NAV, can a NAV replace the trip computer (factory NAV system)????
..........why Acura and Honda is not offering the Navigation System as an option in Canada for the 2003 model MDX and the 2003 model Accord. I say this because I ordered and received the 2003 Accord Navigation System Manual and at the very end where it gives the "coverage areas", on page 121 it gives FULL DETAILED COVERAGE FOR CANADA - all major metro areas (that NAVTECH has mapped) are included in the following regions (ALBERTA , BRITISH COLUMBIA, ONTARIO and QUEBEC). In addition to this they indicate that all major highways (intertown coverage) and major roads are covered (In the manual's own words: The Cross-Canada Connector Road allows for travel between the provinces of British Columbia and Quebec in DCA 11. Major metropolitan city points of interest are also included.)........and much more (too much to type here)

Since the '03 MDX Nav is identical to the '03 Accord's in every single way, except for Voice control on Radio and A/C functions, the above should hold good for the MDX as well!

So if they have complete Canadian coverage now, why don't offer the option there?? Really weird :confused:

·
Registered
6,809 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
6,809 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
6,809 Posts

Attachments