• Rockford, IL - First of the toll booths, $.40

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
ghost,
You've got to be smoking mosquito carcuses to suggest so many places that wouldn't even rate bread crumbs on the Navi!!:eek: Why don't you try for some civilized place with plumbing and paved roads like my driveway in Darien, IL.:D

Another, almost as good suggestion, would be the Oak Brook Shopping Center right off I-88 in Oak Brook, IL where there are many restaurants, central access to expressways and lots of parking to hold all those MDXs that are going to show up.

Another thought about Oak Brook is it is very close to McGrath Acura in Westmont or Continental in Lisle, who might be willling to sponsor the event in part or in total for publicity.

·
Registered
173 Posts
re: Acura dealer sponsorship!

Remery!

That would be a great site to see!!! I love the idea of us meeting at an acura dealer that would welcome us all and some how some way really make it an event. Nothing grand, but the thought is awesome!!! MDXer's unite!!! lol! I can see it now!!! Let's get it together fellas!!!!! We could be the first official MDX meet!!!

My idea since the midwest weather is getting nicer is how about meeting up at Great America http://www.sixflags.com/parks/greatamerica/home.asp )?!!?!?! We need to get people to commit so we can start making plans!!!

Dubbed.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
remery said:

Another thought about Oak Brook is it is very close to McGrath Acura in Westmont or Continental in Lisle, who might be willling to sponsor the event in part or in total for publicity.
That where I got my MDX :)

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: re: Acura dealer sponsorship!

DubbedSSmdx said:
Remery!

That would be a great site to see!!! I love the idea of us meeting at an acura dealer that would welcome us all and some how some way really make it an event. Nothing grand, but the thought is awesome!!! MDXer's unite!!! lol! I can see it now!!! Let's get it together fellas!!!!! We could be the first official MDX meet!!!

My idea since the midwest weather is getting nicer is how about meeting up at Great America http://www.sixflags.com/parks/greatamerica/home.asp )?!!?!?! We need to get people to commit so we can start making plans!!!

Dubbed.
The kids would like that! (But how far out do you need to park in THAT parking lot. :eek: )

Curiously the Six Flags directions page gives no directions for folks coming in from the northwest. Good thing I have the Nav system... :D

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I thought about Great America Too

Dubbed,
I thought about Great America in Dundee, IL also because it's right along I-94 which makes it accessable to people in the Chicago, Milwaukee, and Northern Indiana area (And even for the lone ranger up there in the tundra as long as he doesn't bring any mosquitos with him).:D With Dundee that far north, maybe Acura of Libertyville would be willing to be a sponsor. Another thought, more along the auto thought, would be the Volo Auto Museum in Volo, IL. Not quite as easy to get to as GA but a lot less crowded and would appeal more to our automobile enthusiasm.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not to mention it's the home of a dynamite old time string band, the Volo Bogtrotters! :) (I'm not making this up).

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Re: I thought about Great America Too

remery said:
Dubbed,
I thought about Great America in Dundee, IL
AH I think you mean Gurnee. Kiddie Land is in Dundee. :) IMHO I would stay away from Six Flags especially on a weekend, in the summer. BUSY BUSY BUSY!!!! wait times are 1hr worst . For the usual rides. The main attractions are 2hrs at least

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
X'in in the Dells

Ms Ghost suggests we meet at the Wisconsin Dells, lots of hotels, interesting natural attractions to go along with the Adventure Mini Golf (right up Remery's alley!), and probably not quite the population density of 6 flags.

And it's a reasonable 5 hrs from anywhere, unless you happen to live more than 5 hrs away.

Go here for info para touristas:

http://www.wisdells.com

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've always wanted to go to the dells, but anywhere in Chicago or St. Louis is perfect for me since I'm right in the middle of it all!

·
Registered
44 Posts
what about branson.........shows, the ozarks, tablerock lake, three shopping malls, silver dollar city, and eureka springs is just an hour away. maybe acura of springfield could be pressured to do a little sponsoring.......and if you will only agree to a brief time share presentation,........opps, sorry. force of habit. :D :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts