Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Yet another example of what's wrong with JD Powers...

Ya know, the company ought to be called : JD "we'll figure out a way to get every automaker paying royalties" Powers.

Our neighbor has one. IT is FREIGHTENING LOOKING sometimes. WOrse, the thing was in the shop four or five times for some spooky electrical gremlin. Then their oldest son biffed the thing and it was in the body shop.

Apparently the owner loves her car, she has said so -- her previous vehicel was a minivan. Dad drives an Impact -- I can see the joy there ;)

That big red poncho is just wierd though...

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Yeah, those are just BS marketing awards that JD Power sells rights to.

Meanwhile, the Aztek is below average in the JD Power Initial Quality Survey, based on the 2001 (first year, though) model:

Mechanical reliability: 3 (out of 5)
Feature & Accessory reliability: 2 (out of 5)
Body & Interior reliability: 2 (out of 5)

Its sibling, the Buick Rendezvous, had the same below-average scores for its first model year, 2002.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hideous!

I see a fair share of these "things" on the road and I can't help but notice the smug look on their driver's faces, probably the same look that Pacer drivers had back in the 70's before they became the laughing stock of the whole country!

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
The Pacer was ugly, for sure, but it was the roomiest small car I ever knew of (believe it or not, I had one :) ).

The reason for the shape is that it was the first car ever designed from the inside out. It did set a trend for a lot of automakers in later years.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Ford Crown Victoria, early 90's design for most appealing full-size car???!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts