1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a good 3yrs here
Picked up some ideas here and there
Didnt post too much but browsed alot
My run with my 09 MDX Tech is done...moving onto abit bigger because we have two young ones now instead of one hahahahaaa

11 QX56 here I come

Take care everyone

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
:crying:

Sorry to see ya go....

QX56, go large or go home! Let us know how the Infiniti stacks up against the MDX after some time behind the wheel.

·
Registered
798 Posts
So in America 1 child justifies getting SUV with third row while 2 children equals getting something of the Hummer size?

I guess I still think like a European where I cart around my 3 kids in my mid size station wagon when they're not being carted around in the MDX. :)

Anywho, Good luck with the new ride. Is your wife comfortable driving and parking something like that?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:crying:

Sorry to see ya go....

QX56, go large or go home! Let us know how the Infiniti stacks up against the MDX after some time behind the wheel.
The room is nice to have
I liked the MDX alot
If it was larger we would have kept it

Great vehicle, but make yourself aware of the timing chain guide failures. Check out infinitiforum.net for threads regarding this major issue that can cost $5k-$6k to fix if you're out of warranty.
thanks
I plan on doing some routine maintenance to keep it all good as well
Had a lifted Titan Pro4X at one time as well so familiar with them

So in America 1 child justifies getting SUV with third row while 2 children equals getting something of the Hummer size?

I guess I still think like a European where I cart around my 3 kids in my mid size station wagon when they're not being carted around in the MDX. :)

Anywho, Good luck with the new ride. Is your wife comfortable driving and parking something like that?

Every kid/s and family is different
We also take my parents around with us on trips as well
Soooooo
Me wife 2 kids 2 more adults
Then strollers bags etc
MDX....just isnt as big as it was

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I had to add a two cargo boxes (roof/hitch) to my MDX when I headed cross country for 2 weeks with just 3 of us (combo track/beach vacation to FL). I've learned you can NEVER have too much space in a vehicle when travelling.:29:

I was once coming back from a ski trip at Steamboat Springs, CO, in my RDX. A QX56 and I were hauling some butt up/down the snow covered mountain pass on each other heels the whole time. That big girl can shake it pretty good when the road gets twisty. My turbo was able to keep up with the V-8 Infiniti at +10,000 feet. I know the MDX wouldn't hang at that altitude with the QX56.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The room is nice to have
I liked the MDX alot
If it was larger we would have kept it

thanks
I plan on doing some routine maintenance to keep it all good as well
Had a lifted Titan Pro4X at one time as well so familiar with them

Every kid/s and family is different
We also take my parents around with us on trips as well
Soooooo
Me wife 2 kids 2 more adults
Then strollers bags etc
MDX....just isnt as big as it was
You did not need to explain. Just ignore the moron who was judging you for getting a bigger vehicle. None of his effing business. Must be a government worker always trying to tell us what we need for our own good.

·
Registered
137 Posts
You did not need to explain. Just ignore the moron who was judging you for getting a bigger vehicle. None of his effing business. Must be a government worker always trying to tell us what we need for our own good.
I think Alpine was just making a joke. At least that is how I took it.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I think Alpine was just making a joke. At least that is how I took it.
I was semi-kidding and semi curious. None meant to offend. My messages sometimes make people ASSume certain things about my message rather than asking for clarification.

Thanks 968racer.

Artbuc, trust me I hate government oversight. That's what makes us all dumber because we rely on being babsat all the time so that we can't make our own judgements/decisions and learn from our mistakes or decide what's best for ourselves. :29:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts