Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my new X. Just picked it up at 5:30pm last night and have been trying to post pictures ever since!
:2:

Attachments

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Congratulations!

Good going kgbmom, Cynic no more huh? LOL. Enjoy your new toy, and I look forward to more pics....:4:

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride!:7:

Many happy miles to you.

(What is the other 1%?)

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Congrats!!!! Have fun with you new car.:2:

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
kgbmom,

Congratulations and thanks for the pic. Be sure to get out and drive your MDX while it still has that "new car" smell. Enjoy! :D

·
Registered
259 Posts
Congrats, and welcome ! :2:

2003 SS MDX - cdn model - res,back up sensor,cargo net,Husky all weather floor mats and cargo tray

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
BTW Try to install the formfit deflector yourself. It is relativly easy and you will feel good about it. :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ME???????????????????????

I guess I could TRY to install it myself, but I don't consider myself to be very mechanical! Maybe I will give it a try under hubby's watchful eye...
:eek:

Thanks for all the good wishes Everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BaldEagle:

The other 1% is waiting until they change out the erroneous running boards for the side steps I requested in the first place! Unbelievably, I had told the salesman and sales manager no less than 5 times each what I wanted on this car, and they still managed to screw it up. But they will make it right...
Then I will be 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Re: BaldEagle:

kgbmom said:
The other 1% is waiting until they change out the erroneous running boards for the side steps I requested in the first place!:)
Welcome aboard kgbmom

Here's how your ride will look after you get the OEM chrome sidesteps on. Took me only 90 minutes to do the complete install. Others have done it in less time. Buy them from Tim, for sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am a little jealous...

I am getting factory black side steps - the dealership just goofed and put on running boards. Dealer doesn't have chrome side steps, and hubby is not THAT handy. Will be happy with black, though. Your ride is Beautiful!!!! Nice color choice!
:D

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
greatscot,

I have the Acura black side steps on my TW/S MDX, but I do have to say that the Acura chrome side steps do look mighty nice also. Either way, both are winners.:29:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Acura Chrome Steps?

My dealer told me the Chrome Side Steps from Acura are not available yet...

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Your dealer is wrong. Take a look here

Tim has sent a couple of members here the side steps. They look nice on white Xes

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Re: Acura Chrome Steps?

kgbmom said:
My dealer told me the Chrome Side Steps from Acura are not available yet...
I have had mine for over a month now. Warzau is correct, your dealer is wrong.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I knew Tim had them...

But we can't install them ourselves. The dealer said they do not stock them yet, that they were supposed to have them the first week of January. I suppose I could wait now, since I've got the wrong thing on there already.
I will call Troy, the parts guy at the dealership, on Monday, and ask him for the scoop. Thanks, you guys!
And special thanks to greatscot for the picture of the white X with chrome steps. I'm still not sure which I like better - black or chrome.
Remember, I'm a soccer mom, not an off-roader!
;)

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Re: I knew Tim had them...

kgbmom said:
Remember, I'm a soccer mom, not an off-roader!
;)
Rest assured, most of us MDX owners are not "off-roaders" either. The only time my MDX sees the dirt is when I run over a mud puddle on the highway. Black or chrome, insist on the side steps from your dealer. Afterall, they made the error.:)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks, Excalibur

Yes, they will definitely be fixing this error. They were suitably embarrassed by the goof, but not willing to take the blame exactly. I hope to have it corrected before the Customer Satisfaction Survey people call. I will NOT lie for them!
:twak:

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Dealer Did It!!!

kgbmom said:
They were suitably embarrassed by the goof, but not willing to take the blame exactly.
:twak:
If they did not take all the responsibilty for the mistake who else did they "exaclty" blame for the goof? The explaination must have been interesting. Your MDX did not come from the factory with boards installed, the dealer put them on??? :25: :28:

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
BaldEagle,

In the matter of kgbmom vs. Acura Dealer, has the jury reached a decision?

Yes, your honor...GUILTY as charged.

:4: :17: :4: :17: :4: :17:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts